Like the other states, Karnataka state government has also launched the scheme of free laptop distribution. On this page, we are going to discuss how the candidates can apply for this scheme, what are the eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of this scheme, what documents are required for application and much other important information. Desired readers can grab the information related to the Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme from the further session; scroll the page to read the information.
Online Apply Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme has been announced by the Chief Minister Mr. H. D. Kumaraswamy, Government of Karnataka to encourage the students for their brilliant performance in the board examination and going to apply for the further studies. Under this scheme, the government of the Karnataka state is going to distribute free laptops to the students who recently give 12th standard examination. This scheme is eligible for the Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe or Other Backward Class students. The state government has spent approximately Rs 311 crore to Purchase Laptops. This scheme is beneficial for approximately 36000 SC/ ST students.
Objective of Free Laptop Scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to promote digital education among the students.
- Another objective is to provide a laptop to those students who are not able to afford it.
- This scheme is also a way to encourage the students for their brilliant performance in the board examinations.
Brief Summary of Free Laptop Scheme 2021
|Scheme Name||Karnataka Free Laptop Distribution Scheme|
|Introduced By||CM H. D. Kumaraswamy|
|Date of Starting||Academic Year 2021 expected|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Beneficiary||First Year Graduate Student|
|Motive||To Promote Better Education|
|Type Of Scheme||State Govt. Scheme|
|No. of Beneficiary||All Students who take admission in First year of Graduation|
|Official Website||Available Soon|
- Students must belong to Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe or Other Backward Class students
- Students must pass 12th standard examination with good marks
- The Students must apply for professional course for further studies
- The annual income of the applicant’s family is less than 2.50 Lakhs.
- Applicant must be a resident of Karnataka state
- Medical studies.
- Polytechnic colleges.
- Postgraduate courses.
- Study in First Grade Colleges.
- Karnataka Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Bank A/c linked with Aadhaar Card.
- SC/ST/OBC Caste Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- 10th and 12th Marksheet
How To Apply Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2021
- To apply for the free laptop distribution scheme, you need to go to the official website of the department
- From the home page of the website, applicants need to download the application form for the free laptop scheme
- Applicants need to fill the application form with all the required details
- Attach the necessary documents with the application form and affix the recently clicked passport size image on it
- Enclose the application form along with the documents in an envelope and submit it to the education department of Karnataka.
The last date of application form submission is not declared yet but will declare soon.
Once the form filling procedure will be done then the beneficiary list will be prepared by the department and thereafter distribution will be made.
Yes. You need to submit your further admission slip too while submission of the application form.