Assam Abhinandan Scheme: Good news students Assam government has launched a new scheme named “ Assam Abhinandan Scheme ”, as per this scheme the students will get education loan waiver up to Rs. 50000/- for their higher education. This scheme is a step ahead taken by the state government of Assam to encourage the students for higher education and support them financially. Abhinandan Education Loan Subsidy Scheme detailed information such as application procedure, eligibility criteria, benefits of the scheme and much other related information sanctioned below in this article.
Table of Contents
About Assam Abhinandan Scheme
On 26th December 2019 Honorable Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has announced this scheme in the presence of Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Education Minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya, Several senior officials of the State Finance Department and senior officials of executing financial institutions like SBI in a programme held at the Srimanta Sankardeva International auditorium. Under this scheme those students and their parents who have taken education loan of Rs. 1 Lakh and above before March 31st, 2019 can enrol them for this loan waiver scheme.
Benefits of Scheme
Loan amount up to Rs. 50000/- is a waiver by the government. Those who have taken loan after 1st April 2019 of Rs. 1 Lakh and above can enrol for this scheme to avail the waiver benefits after making payment of 25% of the loan amount. Under this scheme the loan taken from commercial banks like the Federal Bank and HDFC and also the regional rural banks like Assam Gramin Vikash Bank within Assam is applicable. Grab the information which is necessary to know by reading the further session of this web page.
Key points of Assam Abhinandan Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Assam Abhinadan Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Assam|
|Launched on||26th December, 2019|
|Benefits||Education loan waiver|
|Scheme type||State government scheme|
Benefits of the scheme
- Encourage the students for higher education
- Help the students financially for their education
- Loan waiver up to Rs. 50000/- on loan amount Rs. 1 Lakh or above
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam state
- Applicant must take a loan from Commercial bank rural bank within Assam
- The bank must be recognized by the Reserve Bank Of India
- The Loan amount is must be Rs. 1 Lakh or more
Application Procedure for the Assam Abhinandan Scheme
The state government of Assam not yet disclosed a defined procedure for the application of this scheme but will release soon. Some common application steps which you have to follow are as under. We will update the detailed procedure as released.
- Open the official website for the application
- Search the apply link related to the scheme
- Click on the apply link to open the application form
- Fill the application form with the required details
- Upload the necessary documents
- Submit the application form and take a print out
Note: You may stay connected with us for more updates related to the scheme in future.