Krishak Bandhu Scheme has announced by the chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee on dated 31st December 2018. Under the Krishak Bandhu yojana state government will provide two types of benefits to the farmers of the state. In the first benefits of the Krishak Bandhu Scheme the each farmers will get the crop insurance for their agriculture land and the premium of the crop insurance will be paid by the State government. The second benefits of the scheme is that state government will provide Rs 5000 per acre annually to farmers for the purpose of buying Seeds, Fertilizers, Pesticides etc.& scheme will pay Rs.2 Lakh compensation in case of death of farmer between age of 18-60.
WB Farmer Aid & Insurance Scheme
Under the Krishak Bandhu Scheme over 72 lakh farmers in the state will be covered. The objective of the scheme is to improve the livelihood of the farmer’s in the state. Krishak Bandhu Scheme 2019 would be implemented from the month of January 2019 and the farmers would be eligible to avail the benefits of Krishak Bandhu Scheme from the month of February 2019. The scheme will cover small, medium and marginal farmers of West Bangal. Check Digital Ration Card list 2019
Brief summary of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
|Scheme Name||Krishak Bandhu Scheme|
|Launched By||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Launched Date||31st December 2018|
|Start date to apply||February 2019|
|Last date to apply||No last date|
|Objective||To ensure better livelihood to farmers|
|Beneficiary||small, medium and marginal farmers|
|Category||State Govt. Scheme|
Key Features Of WB Krishak Bandhu
- Farmers will get the crop insurance
- Government will pay the premium of Crop insurance.
- Rs. 5,000 per acre in two installments one in Kharif and another in Rabi season.
- Rs.2 Lakh compensation in case of death of farmer between the age 18 to 60 years.
- Compensation will also be covered farmer’s death due to suicide.
Benefits of Krishak Bandhu
- It will decrease the poverty among the farmers in the state.
- The scheme will ensure the better livelihood of the farmers.
- The scheme will increase the confidence in farmers.
- It will also boost the agricultural works in the state
How To Apply Online For WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
The aspirants who want to apply under the WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme may apply through online mode but at this time government of the state did not launch any portal for the registration process. we will update the WB Krishak Bandhu online application portal as soon as the responsible department will launch it. The possibility of launching Krishak Bandhu official portal for inviting farmer’s application form is in the last of month February 2019.