Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative has launched by the union minister Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan on Sunday dated 30th December 2018. The objective of the scheme is to establish 100 Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Manufacturing Units at Common Service Centres (CSCs) covering 93 blocks in all 30 districts of Odisha State. For establishing the Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative Units oil marketing companies (OMC) will spend Rs 2.94 crore. Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative will provide the employment opportunity to 10 women at each Sanitary Napkin Manufacturing Units in the district. it is an another scheme to empower the women of the country. scheme will definitely motivate the rural areas women to use of Sanitary Napkin Pads.
Odisha 100 Ujjwala Manufacturing Units
Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPCL and HPCL) are now going to setup around 100 local Sanitary Napkin manufacturing units in each district of Odisha state. The initiative will provide an opportunity of employment and to earn between Rs 5,000 and Rs 15,000 per month to women. Under the each Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative Manufacturing Units 10 women will get the employment opportunity out of these 10 women 5 will be engaged in the process of manufacturing the napkins and the rest for selling the product.
Brief summary of Ujjwala Sanitary Scheme
|Scheme name||Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative|
|Launched by||Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan|
|Launched date||30th December 2019|
|Objective||To setup 100 Sanitary Napkin Manufacturing Units|
|Cost of project||Rs. 2.94 Crore|
|Beneficiary||Women of Odisha State|
|Category||Odisha State Scheme|
Objective Of Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative
The objective of the Scheme is to educate and aware the women about uses of Sanitary Napkin. To fill the objective of Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative the OMCs are now going to establish the manufacturing hubs in 93 blocks of 30 in districts of the Odisha state. it will also empower the women by giving them self employment opportunity.
About Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Manufacturing Units
The manufacturing units will contain following things-
- The total workers under the unit will be 10.
- The capacity of manufacturing sanitary pads in days will be 1000-1200.
- It will also contain a sterilization room to ensure that the napkins are sterilized before they are packed for use.
- The monthly capacity will be 45,000-50,000 pads
Key Features Of Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative
- 100 Ujjwala Manufacturing Units will be setup in odisha state.
- The cost of the project is 2.94 Crore.
- The Sanitary Napkin Manufacturing Units will be setup by oil marketing companies.
- The manufacturing units will established at Common Services centers of the state.
- Initiative will cover entire district & blocks of the state.
- The manufacturing units will be to produce 1200-2000 pads per day.
- These napkins will be priced at Rs 40 per pack; each pack will contain 8 pads. ‘
Benefits Of Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Scheme
The following benefits will be given under the Initiative-
- It will provide the employment opportunities to the women of the state
- The initiative will serve empowerment and self-confidence to the women.
- The Ujjwala Sanitary initiative will provide the awareness among the women of the state for using the eco-friendly sanitary pads.
- The scheme will provide an opportunity to earn Rs 5,000 and Rs 15,000 per month.
- The initiative will also provide a platform to equip them with entrepreneurial skills
Cscs Center For 100 Ujjwala Manufacturing Units
CSCs centers in the state deliver the Central government’s e-services in rural and remote locations. Under the Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative these CSCs Center will provide the Raw material such as virgin wood pulp sheet, non-woven white sheet and a gel sheet for manufacturing the eco-friendly sanitary pads. In one time CSCs will provide raw material to make 45,000-50,000 pads.
How Ujjwala Sanitary Manufacturing Units will work
- In the first step the Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPCL and HPCL) will established the Manufacturing units.
- In the next step the eligible women will be recruited for Sanitary Manufacturing work
- Then these women will receive training in manufacturing and sale of sanitary napkins.
- In the last the Units will start to make the products