Due to the COVID 19 outbreak, farmers of the state faces a lot of financial issues. To help the farmers, now state government of Odisha has launched a new scheme named “Balaram Yojana”. The scheme was announced In a meeting headed by the Chief Secretary, Asit Kumar Tripathy.
Read more: KALIA Scholarship Apply Online
This scheme is launched specially for landless farmers. Farmers who desire to seek application and grab the scheme benefits have to collect all the information about the scheme first. Scheme related all the details are available in this article such as eligibility, procedure of application, benefits of scheme and many more.
Odisha Balaram Yojana 2020
After KALIA Yojana for the needy farmers, state government of Odisha has comes up with a new scheme Balaram Yojana. This scheme is for the landless farmers. Under this scheme the government will provide loan to the farmers. Loan will be provided through JLGs-Joint Liability Groups. Government has planned to provide agricultural credit of Rs 1,040 crore under this scheme to the beneficiaries within two years. Scheme will provide benefits to around 7 lakh landless farmers of the state.
Overview of the Yojana
|Name of the scheme||Balarama Yojana|
|Launched for||Landless farmers|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Commencement Date||Update soon|
|Category||State government scheme|
For the successful implementing the scheme at state level IMAGE will look after and Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) at district level. There are about 7000 branches of several banks and Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies which will help in implementing the scheme. Each branch will provide loan to 10 JLGs. Each JLG contain five farmers.
The main aim of the government behind launching this scheme is to provide financial help to the farmers who are facing problems due to COVID 19 outbreak.
Benefits of scheme
Beneficiaries will get loan under this scheme. Each group will get maximum loan upto Rs.1.60 lakh.
Yet the official notification about this scheme with detailed guidelines are not released by the state government. Detailed eligibility details will updated by us once information will release from the authorities. Some of the eligibility condition as per the information yet release are:
- Applicant should be a citizen of Odisha state
- Applicant must not own any agricultural land
Application process for this scheme may be online or offline. It will be cleared once the detailed guidelines will issue by the authorities. Some common steps involved in applying process are as under:
- First of all you have to collect the detailed information and check your eligibility
- If you find yourself eligible, go to the official website
- From opened page search the apply link related to the scheme
Read more: Odisha Ration Card List
- Click on it and read the instructions
- Application form will appear on the screen
- If the process is online then fill it up or if the process is offline then download the form first
- Take print out of the form
- Provide all the necessary information
- Upload/ attach the documents which are required
- Review the information and submit the application
- Remember to take a print out of form for further use if needed