Government of Gujarat state has taken various initiatives to tackle the issue of COVID-19 within the state. Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana is another step taken by the government of the state to help the people living within the state at present. We are here going to provide you all the scheme related information such as what the scheme is, what benefits will you get, what are the features of the scheme and how you will get the benefits. Please have a look on the information provided in this article carefully if you are in Gujarat state currently.
Table of Contents
About Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
Many workers are come to the Gujarat state for work. They were getting daily wages. But due to nationwide lockdown in the country no work is going on. These workers are not getting any wage and due to they don’t have ration card they are not getting any ration from PDS shops. To help these workers the government has decided to launch Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana. Under this scheme the Gujarat Government is going to provide food grain to the migrated workers who are currently in the state. Those workers who migrated from the other stated of the country. Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana has been started from 4th April, 2020.
Brief of Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
|Name of the scheme||Anna Brahma Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of the state|
|Launched for||Migrated workers|
|Started from||4th April, 2020|
|Benefit||Free food grains|
This scheme is beneficial for migrated workers in Gujarat from other states of the country. Workers will get free of cost food grains from near PDS shop. This scheme is beneficial for 3.25 Cr Families. Gujarat government also set up 83 relief camps in different locations to help these workers for food and shelter.
Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana Benefits
There are so many benefits of this scheme for the residents people as like availability of free of cost food for those poor workers who has come from the other states All of the residents will be able to gain food without giving any money to anyone. The food items will be available at the ration shop near your houses. This scheme is a great initiative for all of the poor people of the Gujarat state.
Initiatives of Anna Brahma Yojana
- BPL families including labourers, unorganised workers, construction workers will get Rs. 1000/- in the month of April
- Electricity charges for consumption of 50 units will be Rs. 1.50/- for BPL Families and fixed charges on bill for small industries, factories and MSMEs in the state will be waived off
- Senior citizens, widows and persons with disabilities will get advance pension
- Incentive of Rs. 25 per animal for April 2020 will provide to all gaushalas and cattle ponds.
- Rs. 221 crore has been transferred to the bank account via Direct Benefit Transfer to the 13 lakh people of the state
- Small and large businesses and the MSMEs will pay full salaries to the employees without any deduction.
Note: for more updates be in touch with our web portal, we try to provide you with all the information as soon as possible.