Janani Suraksha Yojana: We all are well aware of the efforts that the government is taking to improve the lives of the citizens of the country. One such scheme has been launched by the government of India for the betterment of the mother and infant. The Janani Suraksha Yojana has been started to provide better facilities to the mother and the Infant. So, today we are going to discuss the जननी सुरक्षा योजना related details like eligibility criteria, objective, benefits, necessary documents required, etc. We will also share the step by step procedure to apply for the scheme. So, readers are advised to go through the article completely to get more details of the scheme.
Table of Contents
Janani Suraksha Yojana
The जननी सुरक्षा योजना has been launched by the Prime Minister of the country. The Yojana has been launched for pregnant women and infants of the country. Under this Yojana, financial benefits will be provided to the selected audience by the government. People belonging to the below poverty line class can avail of the benefits of the scheme. This Yojana will help in the upliftment of the condition of the women in the country. So, willing applicants have to apply online through the official website of the Yojana to get the benefits of the scheme. Women of the country have been divided into two categories by the government to provide the scheme benefits and they are as follows: Pregnant women from rural areas and pregnant women from urban areas.
Highlights of Janani Suraksha Yojana
|Scheme Name||Janani Suraksha Yojana|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Objective||Providing financial benefits to the women and infants of the country|
|Beneficiary||Women and infants of India|
|Official Website||Click Here|
JSY Yojana Details
The Yojana will provide benefits to the women and their infants of the country. So, the yojana benefits will be provided to the women according to their place of living. Financial assistance will be provided to the women during the delivery period. Women belonging to the rural areas will be given financial assistance of rupees 1400 and women belonging to the urban areas will be given financial assistance of rupees 1000 during the delivery period. To the Asha helper, rupees 300 will be given as a delivery incentive, and rupees 300 will be given for the post processes in the rural areas and 200 will be given in case of urban areas. The amount of this financial assistance will be directly transferred to the beneficiary bank account.
Janani Suraksha Yojana Objective
The Yojana has been launched by the government keeping in mind the various issues the troubles women during the pregnancy period. This Yojana will provide medical and financial assistance to the women and the infants of the country. We all know how much health of women and infants is important during the pregnancy period but, people living below the poverty line sometimes don’t get the basic necessities that they should have during this period. So, this Yojana will give those people a chance to secure the health of the mother and child. This will help in giving a healthy environment to the mother and child.
Janani Suraksha Yojana Features
- The Yojana has been implemented in all the states and union territories of the country with a special focus on low performing states.
- Under this scheme, Rs 1400 will be given to the women belonging to rural areas and Rs 1,000 will be given to the women belonging to urban areas.
- Applicants registered under the yojana must have MCH cards along with the Janani Suraksha Yojana card.
- This Yojana will provide medical and financial benefits to the women and infants of the country.
- This is 100% centrally governed scheme that provides financial assistance through direct bank transfer.
- The applicant must be a below poverty line living applicant to get this scheme benefits.
- The Yojana has helped the Asha workers to be recognised as certified social health workers.
- This yojana will help in reducing maternal and neonatal mortality rate due to poor medical facilities.
JSY 2023 Eligibility
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Women living in in both Urban and rural areas are eligible to apply for this.
- Medical and financial assistance can be given to the pregnant women belonging to Below Poverty Line.
- All pregnant women delivering in government health centres, such as Sub Centers (SCs)/Primary Health Centers (PHCs)/Community Health Centers (CHCs)/First Referral Units (FRUs)/general wards of district or state hospitals are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- The applying women should be above 18 years of age.
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Residence Certificate
- BPL Ration Card
- Janani Suraksha Card
- Delivery Certificate by the Government Hospital
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Account Details
Janani Suraksha Yojana Application Procedure
- Willing pregnant women of the country who want to take the benefits of the scheme should first go to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India official website, and click on the JSY application form pdf.
- Provide all the details to be filled in the application form.
- Attach all the mandatory documents with the application form.
- Submit the application form along with all the mandatory documents to the nearby Anganwadi Centre for women’s health center.
Check Union Territories/State Official Contact List
- First of all, go to the official website of JSY.
- The homepage of the website will open.
- Click on the contact option and then on the State and /UTs option.
- The list of all the contacts will appear on the screen.