Hey guys, here is a news for you regarding a new scheme launched by Uttar Pradesh government, Prepaid Bijli Meter Yojana. Do you know, India is the largest electricity production country in the world but still the rates of electricity are quite high, this is because some of the people in the country don’t pay the electricity bill and some of the people stole the power. This will lead to launch UP Prepaid Bijli Meter Yojana. From 15th of November, 2019 the government has decided to start working on this scheme. As per the scheme, the government is going to install the prepaid smart meters in the residential area. Details are sanctioned in this article by us, please. Have a look if you desire to know more about the scheme.
UP Prepaid Bijli Meter Yojana
Uttar Pradesh State Government has taken the initiative to provide electricity at a cheaper rate to the people of the state by launching the Prepaid Bijli Meter Yojana. According to this yojana, the government will install the smart prepaid bijli meters. In the initial stage of this scheme, the meters will install in the homes of government officials, ministers, and public representatives. The energy minister of the Uttar Pradesh state government said that working on this scheme will be started from the 15th of November, 2019. Uttar Pradesh government has placed an order for 50 million prepaid smart meters for the installation.
Highlights Smart Prepaid Meter Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Prepaid Bijli Meter Yojana|
|Initiated by||Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd.|
|Working will start on||15th November 2019|
Objectives Of UP Prepaid Bijli Meter Yojana
- First, Is to get the electricity bill paid by the users on time: as the users have to recharge the meters before if they need to use electricity service as per their requirement.
- Second, To reduce the burden on the department: as the electricity bill paid by the users on time the burden of delay payment of a bill or to recover the unpaid bills after using electricity will reduce.
- Third, To reduce electricity rates: this scheme will also lead to reducing the electricity rates in the future
- Fourth, To eliminate power theft: this scheme will be a greater decision to control power theft in the state. As the prepaid meters will install the power theft will next to impossible thing to be done.
- Fifth, To reduce Loss in electricity distribution:
- prepaid meters will be there to use the electricity it’s required to pay bills prior and this will reduce the loss of electricity distribution.