West Bengal Scholarship scheme 2021 has been released by the West Bengal Government. Desired applicants need to visit the official website to apply for the scholarship. Under West Bengal Scholarship 2021 there are many scholarship schemes to support the students and encourage them for their higher studies. The government of West Bengal takes initiative to support the students financially and encourage the students for higher studies. Here on this page, you may get the information related to the West Bengal government scholarship schemes for the students, their eligibility criteria, application procedure and many more.
Key points of West Bengal Scholarship 2021
|Name of the scheme||West Bengal Scholarship 2021|
|Beneficial for||Students of the state|
|Benefits||Financial help for further studies|
|Scheme type||State government scheme|
List of WB Scholarship scheme
There are a number of scholarship is available in West Bengal state for students. please check the complete list different scholarship with different eligibility:-
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship
This scheme is launched by Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata for the girl students who are pursuing under graduation in engineering/ science/ medicine. The main aim behind launching this scheme is to promote the education right of girls and help them in pursuing higher studies financially. The beneficiaries will get Rs. 3000/- per month as scholarship amount.
- Eligibility conditions: Applicants who wish to apply for this scheme must belong to SC/ ST/ OBC category and have domicile of the West Bengal state. Family income of the applicant is must not more than 2.5 lakhs in case of SC/ ST category and Rs. 1 Lakh in case of OBC category.
National Scholarship Portal
Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
This scheme is launched by the department of higher education, science and technology, and biotechnology to encourage the Hindi language in the non-hindi speaking states among the students who are pursuing their studies till research level. Under this scheme, beneficiaries will get financial help from Rs. 3000 to 10000/- per month.
- Eligibility criteria: Any applicant who is pursuing 10th/ 12th/ Graduation/ Post-graduation/ Doctorate degree can apply for this scheme. Applier must have domicile of the West Bengal, secured 60% or more in previous qualifying course and have Hindi as a compulsory subject.
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship Minorities
This scheme is launched by the government of West Bengal for the students. Under this scheme the beneficiaries will get Rs. 8000/- per month.
- Eligibility Conditions: Applicants must have domicile of West Bengal, scored at least 75% in 10th/ 12th, 55% in graduation and if 53% in post-graduation. The annual income of the applicants family is must not exceed 2.5 Lakh rupees.
Jio Scholarship 2021
West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship SC/ ST students
This scheme has been launched by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, West Bengal for 9th or 10th pursuing students. Under this scheme, applicants will get Rs. 150 to Rs. 750/- per month as scholarship amount and an additional Adhoc grant of Rs. 1000/- yearly.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must belong to SC/ ST category and have domicile of the West Bengal. The annual income of the applicants family is must not exceed Rs. 2 Lakh.
West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship SC/ ST/ OBC
This scheme has been launched by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, West Bengal State for students who are pursuing post-secondary level studies. Under this scheme, applicants will get Rs. 160/- to 1200/- per month as scholarship amount.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants who are pursuing 11th or 12th standard or Graduation or post-graduation can apply for this scheme. Applicants must have domicile of West Bengal. Family income of SC/ ST category appliers must in between Rs. 2 to 2.5 Lakh and OBC applicants must not more than 1 Lakh.
West Bengal Scholarship 2021 Expected Schedule
|Scheme list||Expected date|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Minorities.||July to September, 2021|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship.||May to July, 2021|
|West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC||September to November 2021|
|Wes Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship SC/ST students.||October to December 2021|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal.|
Procedure to Apply for the WB Scholarship 2021
- To apply for the scheme first open the official website
- Now, click on the registration link
- Enter the required details in the registration form
- Submit the form and complete the registration process
- Login to the site and fill the rest application
- Upload the necessary documents
- Submit the application and take a print out for further use.
Note: Stay connected with us to grab the detailed information about the scheme and for new updates too.