As we all are aware the National Register of Citizenship has been updated for several states and now the NRC updating has begun in the state of West Bengal. Further, in this article, we will tell you all the details about the NRC operation in West Bengal state for the year 2019 and 2020. Also, we have provided information about the documents which are required to apply for the NRC West Bengal. Also, the registration date that is when will the adaptation of the NRC is starting will be provided to you. All the correct and thorough details are provided in this article.
West Bengal NRC All Details
NRC is the National Register of Citizenship. Under this register every detail of the citizens in India is present but the details are only of the citizens who were present in India before their 1950. Although, as announced by Mr. Amit Shah in a recent speech no Hindu will be excluded from the citizenship of India even if he or she fails to produce the document to prove citizenship under the NRC.
What is National Registration Citizenship?
The NRC contains the complete information of the citizens present in India before the 1950s. The information is included such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother Name, Address and also you can produce any of the documents which were avail before the year 1950 to prove your citizenship. Also, further in this article, we have provided a list of documents that you can present to prove your citizenship under NRC.
A Speech By Amit Shah
As announced by the Union Minister Mr. Amit Shah on 1st October in a rally in state Kolkata. He clarified the situation about the National Register of Citizenship and announced to all the people presented in the rally that no Hindu, Sikh, Jain or Buddhist will be thrown out of the country and even after they fail to produce proper documents to prove their citizenship. He further added that a bill will be passed by him called Citizenship Amendment bill that will help them to stay in the country and no one will be thrown out by any means. However, after this speech was given by Mr. Amit Shah a lot of rages were seen coming out of the people through social media and other platforms.
Cause Of Updating The NRC In West Bengal
Mr. Amit Shah also announced that the illegal people living in our country are like termites. They are eating up the grains which are meant for the poor people and thus, they are given the name of termites. Mr. Amit Shah was very crude towards the illegal citizens availing in our country. He also said that the NRC updating will be done in all the states of India.
NRC In Assam 2019
We all are aware of the NRC update which took place in Assam state. In the Assam state, about 19 lakh citizens were excluded from the NRC list. Also, we also are not able to identify what will happen to those 19 lakh citizens apart from that that they will have to present in front of the foreign tribunals which was set up in Assam state by the Central Government. Although, some common consequences are stated by the central government but the consequences are not yet confirmed.
Eligibility To Get Registered Under NRC
The conditions through which you will be automatically registered under the National Register of India are given below:-
- People whose names appear in the NRC list of 1951
- People whose names appear in any of the Electoral Rolls up to March 24, 1971
- Descendants of any of these people mentioned.
- People who came from another region on or after January 1, 1966, but before March 25, 1971, and registered themselves with the Foreigners Registration Regional Officer (FRRO) and were declared as Indian citizens by the Foreigner Tribunal
- D’ voters can apply for inclusion of their names in the updated NRC. Although, their names will be included only when the appropriate Foreigner Tribunal declares them as non-foreigners.
- Persons who can provide any one of the documents issued up to midnight of March 24, 1971 as mentioned in the list of documents admissible for citizenship.
West Bengal NRC Online Registration and Start Date
Although there is no official statement from the government that what will happen to the people who are not able to register themselves under the NRC West Bengal but these are some common consequences that can be availed:-
- If you are not able to produce any of the above-given documents then you might get deported from the state in which you are currently living in.
- Also, you can get imprisonment due to no issue of residency.
- There can be further consequences of the detention also.