Marriage registration is very important. Couples need to register their marriages under the marriage acts. Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal has started taking an application for a marriage certificate through online mode. West Bengal marriage registration related details are sanctioned on this page. Here in this article, you may get the information such as eligibility criteria, a document required, application fee, the procedure to apply and other related information. Grab the information from the further session by scroll the page and must remember to read all the information carefully.
Table of Contents
West Bengal Marriage Registration
A marriage certificate is a legal proof provided as per The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, The Special Marriage Act, 1954 (Under Section 13 and 16), The Indian Christian Marriage Act and the Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act,1936 that the two people are married. It is very important for a couple to have a marriage certificate as per the Supreme Court for the welfare of the women. Now couples can register their marriage through online mode. This is because the government want to provide an easy and hassle-free way of registration for both couples and the authorities.
Highlights of West Bengal Marriage Registration
|Name of the scheme||Marriage Registration|
|Launched by||Government of the state|
|Name of the department||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
Basic eligibility criteria for marriage registration are as follow:
- Age of Bride & Groom should be more than 21 years. In case the age of the bride is below than 21 years but above than 18 years, parents or guardian consent form is required.
- At the time of marriage, there should not more than one spouse of any party
- At the time of registration, the marriage must be done and the parties should live together
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Address Proof
- Present Address Proof
- Scan Copy of invitation Card
- The Scan Photograph of Bride and Groom
- Scan Signature of Bride and Groom
- Applicant’s need to pay Rs.200 as registration fee within 2 months of wedding
- Applicant’s need to pay Rs. 400 as registration fee after 2 months of wedding
Apply for West Bengal Marriage Registration
Here is the procedure of registration which you have to follow
- To apply for the registration of marriage applicants need to go to the official website of the Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal
- From the home page of the website, you need to click the “register your marriage” option.
- A new web page will appear on the screen, the application form will appear on the computer screen
- The application form is divided into five parts, Details of Groom, Details of Bride, Details of Social Marriage, Details of Marriage Officers and Details of Registration.
- First of all enter all the details of groom such as name, father name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number etc.
- Upload scanned image and signature of the groom
- Now enter the details of bride such as name, father name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number etc.
- Upload scanned image and signature of the bride
- Now enter the information of social marriage such as location of social marriage, date of social marriage and marriage invitation card
- Enter the details of marriage registration officer, first choose marriage officer by Groom’s address or Bride’s address option
- Now select marriage officer type, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station and gram panchayat
- At the last stage of the application form, you need to enter the detail of registration
- First of all select registration location “office of the marriage officer” or “outside the office of the marriage officer (within his/ her jurisdiction)”
- Now enter premises name & number and street/locality name, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, gram panchayat, village and post office
- Select registration time “within office hours of the marriage officer” or “beyond office hours of the marriage officer”
- At last, submit the application form and registration process is finished. Remember to take a print out of the form as a proof of application till you didn’t get your certificate.
Search for Marriage Officers
- Go to the official website of the Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal
- From the home page of the website, you need to click the “Search for Marriage Officers” option under the Public Info option.
- An application form will open.
- Select the search type i.e. Location-wise or Name wise.
- Specify the location and Police station.
- The list of MO will open on the device screen.
Track Application Status
- To track application, applicants need to go to the official website of the Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal
- From the home page of the website, you need to click the “Application Status” option under the Public Info option.
- An application form will open.
- Provide the Application Type and Application Number.
- Your application status will be on your device screen.
Applicants may contact on phone number- 033-22259398 or email ID- support[dot]rgm-wb[at]gov[dot]in and rgm-wb[at]nic[dot]in. for any query related to the marriage registration. You can submit your query or suggestion through the official website too by following the following procedure:
- Go to the official website
- Click contact us option
- Enter the details
- Enter the captcha code
- Click send option
Yes, applicants must register their marriage within 2 months after that they have to pay extra charges for registration.
You can register with the same procedure but you have to pay extra application charges.
You may contact the marriage registrar office whom you select while application form submission.