WB Prochesta Scheme Online Application| Registration| Form Download| wb.gov.in| App Download
As coronavirus is spreading in our country rapidly, the lockdown has been announced by the chief ministers of every state. Even yesterday on 24th March 2020 at 8:00 P.M. our honourable Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi announced lockdown till 15 April 2020 all over the country. This lockdown will effect very bad on the daily wage labours who earn their income daily for completing their basic needs. To support them West Bengal Prochesta Scheme has been launched by the Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Here you will get all the scheme related information on this page.
Table of Contents
About West Bengal Prochesta Scheme
It is a very tough time for everyone. To deal with coronavirus and stop spreading this disease in the country, the only way is a lockdown. Lockdown affects the most to the people who earn daily to complete their basic needs such as rikshawala, auto drivers, hawlkers and other daily wage labours. They earn daily for their basic needs. With lockdown in the country, they are not able to earn money for food or daily needs. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of West Bengal has announced financial help for the daily wage earning labours. She said our government will provide Rs. 1000/- per month to the daily wage people. She also announces extended lockdown in the state and distribution of grocery items at a low price.
Brief Summary Of West Bengal Prochesta Scheme
|Name of the scheme||West Bengal Prochesta Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Launched for||Daily wage labour|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Announced on||24th March 2020|
|Apply between||15th April, 2020 to 30th April, 2020|
Objective of Prochesta Scheme
The episode of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) in the nation has caused the loss of business for an enormous number of worker/every day breadwinner and specialist working in the disorderly area of West Bengal State. Because of the loss of business and work, these individuals are going through troublesome occasions. So as to give some alleviation to such worker/every day breadwinner/specialist, who is in extraordinary trouble, the Governor is sorting out the new plan called Prachesta. It will give money related help to such worker/every day breadwinner/labourer who has lost business because of the flare-up of Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Benefits of Prochesta Scheme
- Financial help to daily wage workers
- Rs. 1000/- per month to each beneficiary
- The beneficiary can complete their basic needs
The following eligibility criteria must be undertaken while applying for the West Bengal scheme:-
- Any labourer/daily wage earner/worker who is a permanent resident of West Bengal, who is in extreme distress due to loss of employment/livelihood opportunities due to the outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19) and does not have any alternative sustainable source of income is eligible.
- The labourer/daily wage earner/worker is the sole bread-winner of the family.
- The labourer/daily wage earner/worker should not be a beneficiary of any social scheme of the State, like a social pension scheme (Old age, Widow and Disability pension), Samajik Suraksha Yojana (SSY) etc.
- Only one person from a family will be eligible.
- The family shall include husband, wife and unmarried children.
- The applicant must not have any alternative sustainable source of income.
Important dates regarding the scheme are mentioned below in the following table:-
|Starting of the scheme||15th April 2020|
|Last date of the scheme||15th May 2020|
Prochesta Scheme Application Process
To apply for the West Bengal scheme you have to follow the simple procedure mentioned below:-
- You can only apply for the scheme via offline mode.
- One person can only make one application.
- The applicant can take the application form for the scheme from the following offices of government-
- Office of the District Magistrate or offices designated by the District Magistrate
- Office of the Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- You can also check the application form and instruction by clicking on the link given here
- Fill up the application form
- Submit the application along with necessary documents to-
- The District Magistrate in District areas
- The Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation in case the applicant residing in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
The following procedure will be undertaken by the concerned authorities to select the beneficiaries and transfer the benefit amount:-
- After receiving the Application, a preliminary enquiry will be made by the District Magistrate/ Commissioner of KMC, as the case may be, to ensure eligibility under the Scheme.
- All the eligible applications will be digitized and uploaded in the Prachesta Link in the State Portal by the District Magistrate or Commissioner of KMC.
- The list beneficiaries shall be forwarded to the Nodal (Labour) Department for sanction.
- After receipt of applications which are verified and recommended by the District Magistrate/Commissioner KMC, the Nodal Department will sanction the one-time ex-gratia.
- The “Sanctioned beneficiary files” with Scheme name, Name of the beneficiary, Mobile Number, Bank Account No., IFSC & Claim amount has to be generated in State Portal by the Nodal Department and sent to the concerned bank for payment.
- Finally, the payment will be made by the functionalities.
After selecting the beneficiary for the scheme, the amount will be transferred to them. The selected applicants will get an amount of Rs 1000 directly in their bank accounts through the direct bank transfer process. the concerned nodal agency will forward the list of selected beneficiaries to the bank.
Download Prochesta Mobile App
- Go to the Official Website of the scheme.
- Now from the homepage, click on the Prochesta Prakalp
- Click on the Download option.
- Now click on the Download the App option from the new page.
- The application will be installed on your mobile device.
Note: Stay connected with our web portal for more updates about the scheme. We will update the information when announced by the government of West Bengal.