Punjab Kisan Credit Limit Scheme 2020 has been launched by the State Government of the Punjab for the Cattle Breeders such as Buffallo, Hi Breed Cow, Locally bred Cow, sheep, goat, Broiler, female pig and Layer Hen. Government want to help the cattle breeders by providing easy credit.
Read more: Punjab Labour Card
To get the loan from bank they have to mortgage their asset as security but with the help of this scheme they need not to. Many benefits will be given to the cattle breeders. Here in this article we specified the eligibility conditions, procedure to apply for the scheme and many other necessary details, collect them from below.
Punjab Kisan Credit Limit Scheme
On 30th June 2020 the Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Dairy Development Minister, Punjab, Mr. Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa has launched Punjab Kisan Credit Limit Scheme for the Cattle Breeders. Under this scheme the government will provide loan to the Cattle Breeders to bear the expenses incurred on feed of animals, medicines, water and electricity expenses.
Applicant can get the kisan credit card from any bank. Director, Dairy Development Mr. Inderjit Singh and the Director, Animal Husbandry Mr. Gurpal Singh Walia also announced on the same day that all the banks as well as the District level officers of the Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and the Dairy Development department have been fully apprised of the scheme.
Highlight of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Punjab Kisan Credit Limit Scheme|
|Launched by||State Government of Punjab|
|Launched on||30th June, 2020|
|Launched for||Cattle Breeders|
|Mode of application||Online/ offline|
|Category||State government scheme|
Features of the scheme
- Cattle Breeders can choose their own credit limit
- Cattle Breeders will get per family an amount of loan upto Rs. 3 lakh @ 4% interest rate
- Cattle Breeders need not to mortgage their asset as security to get loan up to Rs. 1.60000.
- Availing the scheme is dependent on the cattle.
- 6 months limit has been fixed per animal.
- After a regular interval cattler can withdraw the amount from the credit card
Read more;Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Registration
- Payback time depending on the comfort of the farmer. It can be a day within a year and after repayment of the amount he can take further limit.
- Bank will not be going to charge any fee for making the limit.
Benefits of the scheme
- Loan upto Rs. 3 lakh @ 4% interest rate
- Not require assets or land for mortgage as security to get loan
- Up to Rs. 1.60000 loan without security
- Beneficiary can get the amount via card on regular interval
Limits Fixed Per Animal By Govt.
|Animal type||Per animal amount|
|Buffallo and Hi Breed Cow||Rs. 61, 467|
|Locally bred Cow||Rs. 43, 018|
|sheep and goat||Rs. 2, 032|
|female pig||Rs. 8, 169|
|Layer Hen||Rs. 630|
- Must be a citizen of Punjab
- Must have Cattle such as Buffallo, Hi Breed Cow, Locally bred Cow, sheep, goat, Broiler, female pig and Layer Hen
- Bank account is necessary on the name of the cattle breeder
Yet the government not specified application procedure for this scheme. It may be online or offline. To apply you need to follow the further mentioned steps
- Visit the website of the bank or nearest branch in which you have account
- Search the link related to the application form for Kisan Credit Limit Scheme or collect the form
- Fill the details as asked in the application form
- Attach/ upload the necessary documents with it and affix your photo
- Review the application form and submit if all the information is correct
- The bank will issue a credit card to the beneficiary.