Odisha Government has been doing tremendous efforts to provide every basic facility to each and every citizen of the state. This time, the government has come up with a new scheme called Odisha Mukta Scheme 2021 or Odisha Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan. Under the Odisha Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Yojana, employment opportunities will be provided to the people by the government. So, today we are going to discuss the Mukta Yojana related details like eligibility criteria, objective, benefits, necessary documents required, etc. We will also share the step by step procedure to apply for the Yojana. So, readers are advised to go through the article completely to get more details of the scheme.
Table of Contents
Odisha Mukta Scheme
Various employment opportunities were given to the citizens of Odisha state by the government during the lockdown period. One such initiative started by the government was the urban wage employment initiative in which different types of employment opportunities were given to the poor urban locals. Now the government has decided to convert this employment initiative into a full-fledged scheme called Odisha Mukta Scheme or Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan. This Abhiyan will give activities like stormwater drainage, rainwater harvesting, green cover, increased sanitation, creation of community centres, etc to the poor urban locals which will help them in earning their livelihood.
Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan Highlights
|Yojana Name||Odisha Mukta Scheme 2022|
|Launched by||Odisha Government|
|Objective||Providing employment opportunities to the poor|
|Beneficiary||Poor people of Odisha|
Mukta Yojana Objective
The scheme has been launched by the Odisha Government for the development of the urban poor. Through this scheme, the government aims at reduction in livelihood vulnerabilities of the urban poor including migrant labourers and informal workers, economic empowerment of the urban informal workers especially economic empowerment of women informal workers, increased involvements and empowerment of women self-help groups and slum development associations. As stated by a senior official the scheme would be an urban equivalent of NREGS. The cost incurred in the implementation fo the scheme will be borne y the state government only.
Activities Covered Under Mukta Scheme
- Storm water drainage
- Rainwater harvesting
- Green cover increase
- Creation of community centers
- Peripheral development around water bodies
Activities in Detail
Odisha receives high rainfall in the short run during the monsoon, repairing storm drains to prevent local flooding and will be a major component of the repair program. Poor people in urban areas will be made to conserve rainwater, prevent floods and beautify the urban areas of the state, so that the citizens living in the city will not have to face trouble
Building Rainwater Harvesting Structures
A number of rainwaters harvesting structures will be constructed for water conservation and recharge of ground water sources and natural ponds and reservoirs, so that the water that is flooded will be easily discharged. After this, the citizens residing in the city will not have to face any kind of trouble and the flood water will also not cause problems to the citizens.
Developing New Water Bodies / Public Parks / Playgrounds
According to Odisha Mukta Scheme, new water bodies, public parks and playgrounds will be developed based on local requirements and availability of land. All these developments will be taken together, which will have adequate tracking, adequate lighting, drinking water, toilets, garbage cans and plenty of greenery. Existing ponds and plantation drives on public ponds, roads and river banks are envisaged to clean water hyacinth.
Capacity in Strengthening Community Organizations
The scheme will increase resilience in cities by strengthening the capabilities of community organizations of the urban poor to execute the activities of Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan. Through this scheme the capacities of community organizations will be strengthened by reducing the economic weaknesses of the urban poor and creating climate-resilient assets.
Build Community Assets
The Odisha Mukta Scheme is expected to create community assets worth over Rs 150 crore, mainly in the form of Parchaya Centers and Mission Shakti Griha. The resources of the development schemes running through this scheme will be combined with innovative approach and technology. In addition, projects and institutions created under Mukhyamantri Karma Tatapara Abhiyan will contribute to building resilience in communities.
By protecting the livelihood needs and rights of the urban poor. Using innovative technology, appropriate implementation approaches and community reinforcements, the plan will prove to be uniquely safe, flexible and sustainable. The Odisha Mukta Scheme is expected to generate more than 35 lakh man-days per year.
Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan Benefits and Features
Some of the common features and benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- An Urban wage employment program was started by the Odisha Government to provide employment facilities to the urban poor during the lockdown.
- Now the government has decided to convert this initiative into a full-fledged scheme called MUKTA Scheme.
- Under this yojana, employment opportunities will be given to the urban poor.
- The employment opportunities will be given through different activities like stormwater drainage, rainwater harvesting, green cover, sanitation, etc.
- The amount incurred in the scheme will be borne by the Orissa Government.
- The scheme is expected to create community assets worth more than ₹150 crores primarily in the form of Parichaya centers and Mission Shakti Grihas.
- Mukta scheme will help in reducing livelihood vulnerabilities of the urban poor including migrant laborers and informal workers, economic empowerment of the urban informal workers.
- This scheme will also empower the female of the state.
- This scheme will be an urban equivalent of NREGS.
- The amount will be credited directly to the bank account of the applicant.
- An amount of Rs 100 crore was allocated for all labor-intensive projects in the urban local bodies in the state for providing temporary employment to the urban poor in the initiative by the government.
MUKTA Scheme Eligibility and Documents Required
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Odisha state.
- The candidate must belong to the below poverty line class.
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Mobile Number
- Domicile Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Account Details
Odisha Mukta Scheme Application Procedure
To apply for the scheme, citizens of the state have to wait a bit because the government has only announced yet to convert the wage employment initiative into a full-fledged scheme. There is no such application procedure announced by the government or any official website by the government. So, stay connected with us to get the latest updates about the scheme. As soon as there is an announcement by the government we will surely update you here.