Basudha Scheme is the Odisha’s potable Water scheme. On Thursday dated 22-11-2018 finally Chief Minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik gave the Green Signal to the Drinking Water Project. He laid out the foundation stone of the Buxi Jagabandhu assured drinking water to all habitation’ (Basudha) scheme by video conferencing. Basudha Odisha Drinking Water Project is really one of the much awaited projects of the state. After the completion of the project under the Basudha Scheme Odisha State government will provide the clean drinking water to 147 villages of the district Puri and Ganjam.
Table of Contents
Basudha Scheme 2023
Under Odisha Drinking Water Project Government of Odisha are planning to supply the Potable water to those 147 villages of the state which are suffering from the shortage of water. Under the Basudha Scheme for adequate pipe water supply the Rushikulya River Water will be used. It will provide benefits to the 92 villages in Krushnaprasad block and 55 villages in Ganjam District.
Brief Detail of Basudha Scheme
|Chief Minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik
|INR 203 Crore
|State Govt. Scheme
|To provide potable Water
Odisha Basudha Scheme
Basudha Scheme will supply drinking water to 147 villages of the state. Before starting the Odisha Basudha Scheme State government has installed the 78 water testing laboratories for teting the standard parameters of the potable water. After testing the water quality government was decide to use the Rushikulya River water for fulfillment the requirement of the Mega Pipe Water Scheme
Benefits of Basudha Scheme
- It will provide the best quality standard parameter drinking water.
- Government also launched the grievance help line number 1916.
- After completion of the project the shortage of potable will be fulfill according to the need.
Basudha Scheme Allocation in Odisha Budget
- Now we firstly describe the announcement about Basudha scheme in Orissa budget
- A massive investment of RS.2000 crore for pipe drinking water which includes RS. 2,419 crore under Basudha RS. 6,300 crore under jal jivan mission and RS.560 Karol towards operation and maintenance of water supply system.
- Of budget resource like MBA DC RS. 2150 crore and dmfs 665 crore are employed in convergence mod for pipad water supply in 8 mineral districts.
- 30095 crore is proposed under Odisha integrated sanitation improvement project RS.160 crore under urban swag RS.190 crore under urban sanitation and RS. 250 crore under the swachh Bharat scheme to keep our cities clean
- Invisible household latrine IHHL being provided to make every village and habitation open defecation free odf certified RS. 200 crore is provided for the rural component of the swachh Bharat mission.
- RS.30 crore is provided to expand the coverage of beneficiaries under the menstrual hygiene scheme Khushi distribution of sanitary napkins.
Basudha Drinking Water Project
The Chief Minister of Odisha said that the clean drinking water is an important thing for healthy survival of the peoples and for fulfillment the need of safe drinking water chief minister laid the foundation stone of Basudha Drinking Water Project. Under the project he also started the grievance help line to know where in the state is the major problem of shortage of drinking water.
Miss you investment of Rs2000crore 45 drinking water which includes Rs.6.300 crore under jal jivan mission and Rs. 560karol towards operation and maintenance of water supply system
Now we will firstly describe the announcement about Basudha scheme in Odisha budget 2023 MSU investment of Rs.12000 crore 45 drinking water which includes Rs. 2,419 Crore under Basudha.