Maharashtra Budget 2019-20 has been presented by Finance Minister Mr. Sudhir Mungantiwar on Tuesday dated 18th June 2019 in Assembly. Under the Maharashtra Budget 2019-20 the major focus is upon irrigation, agriculture and education. State Government allocated total Rs 31000 crore for irrigation and agricultural purpose. A number of schemes for farmers such as accidental death insurance, crop loan waiver scheme etc have been included.
Key Announcement of Maharashtra Budget 2019-20
In Maharashtra Budget 2019-20 State Government promises to start many schemes of irrigation and farming to double the income of farmers by 2022.
- Rs 2,720 crores for Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Scheme for the year 2019- 20
- Significant provision of Rs. 1,531 crores for Baliraja Jal Sanjivani scheme for the year 2019- 20
- Rs 12000 crore for Water resources development.
- Rs 3300 crore for Jal Yukt Shivar and farm ponds
- Under the Gopinath Munde Farmer accident insurance scheme government has allocated Rs 210 crore to expand the scope of insurance cover for accidental death of farmers and including the family members as well, thus benefiting 5.5 crore people. At present state Government are paying the insurance premium amount of 1.37 crore farmers,
- To full fill the target More Crop Per drop Target An allocation of Rs 600 crore has been promised to agricultural universities in the next three years. An outlay of Rs 200 crore has been sanctioned in the year 2019-20.
- Atal Arthasahay Yojana, was announced with an outlay of Rs 500 cr for innovative agro-based projects by various cooperative institutions.
- Rs 390 crore for the Bhavantar Yojana that aims at helping farmers bridge the price difference between minimum support price and market price.
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Shetkari Sanman Yojana (CSMSSY) loan waiver scheme has been expanded to include khavti karz
- Rs 150 crore for fundamental facilities to Sir JJ School of Arts, Architecture and applied Arts College
- Savitribai Phule scholarship scheme for 2,30,000 girls by 2022
- With the aim to empower the women, State Government has announced two new schemes i.e. Prajwala Yojana and Navtejaswinin Yojana. The Prajwala Yojana will create the awareness regarding legal matters, social and financial knowledge among the members of women Self Help Groups and Maharashtra Women Commission. Will work as nodal agency to implement the scheme. Navtejaswinin Yojana government will start many skill training programs and 365 organizations have been created to help empower rural women.
- Under Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana and ShravanBal Yojana the financial assistance to elderly, homeless and differently abled women and widows will increase from Rs 600 to Rs 1,000.
- Government will start 10,000 small industries with preference to women and SC, ST entrepreneurs. To fulfill the idea industrial parks will be created in each taluka. In the first phase 50 talukas will be selected. under the project 30 percent quota will reserve for women entrepreneurs.
- Milk producing farmers in the state will get a subsidy of Rs 5 per litre, so far 42 cooperative milk federations and private milk producers have got the benefits of the scheme
- Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Rs 100 crore will be spend for housing to Divyang (Disabled beneficiaries).
- Rs 12,303 crore has allocated for social justice and special assistance department.
- INR 5 crore has allocated for the digitization of books at the Asiatic Library.
- INR 500 crore for employment generation in naxal affected areas.
- Rs 100 crore for employment to minority women & youth
- Government will spend Rs 200 crore to build 36 hostels for OBC Community
Maharashtra Budget 2019-20 Highlights
Under the Maharashtra Budget 2019-20 State Government has allocated Rs 12,000 crore for irrigation sector. Approx Rs18000 crore for irrigation development. Rs12,303 crore has allocated for social justice and special assistance department, Rs 1,000 crore for development of Dhangar community. Rs 100 crore for construction of houses for Divyang under PMAY Scheme. 10,000 small industries will be start for young entrepreneurs of state,