Good news! For the reserved category applicants of the Karnataka state as Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship online application form filling for the renewal and fresh candidates has been started. Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka takes the initiative to uplift the education of the students of Karnataka state who belong to the reserved category. The students will get the benefits of the scheme who is eligible directly transferred into their bank accounts. Please have a look at this article to grab all the necessary details related to this scholarship scheme of the Karnataka government.
Aim of Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
The main aim of the Karnataka government behind the Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship is to uplift the education of the backward class students. Many of the bright students belong to backward classes are unable to grow because of lacking in financial support. This Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship is a step to take them ahead. This scheme is a small step to help the students of backward class and under the privileged meritorious of the state by providing them financial support for their further studies.
Highlights of Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
|Scholarship’s Name||Vidyasiri Scholarship|
|Organization||Department of Backward of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka|
|Type of Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship|
|Beneficiary||Reserved and Backward Classes scholars|
|Application systems||Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship (ePASS)|
|Commencing date||5th October’19|
|Last date||31st October’19|
|Mode of application||Online|
Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
The Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship is provided into three forms; Full Course Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR, Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses and Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC by the Government. Online application forms for the scheme of Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses and Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC was previously done. Now the active scheme for which the scholarship is going to provide is Full Course Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR.
Full Course Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
Under this scheme, the students will get the benefit of full course fee concession. Those contenders who belong to SC/ST category, their parent’s income is up to 2 Lakh and those who belong to BC/ PWD category their parent’s income is up to 1 Lakh are eligible. Candidates should be the permanent resident of the Karnataka state. Candidate should be studying in a post-matric course recognized by Karnataka Government and must have 75% attendance.
Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses
Students who belong to I/ 2A, 2B/ 3A/ 3B, Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe or Backward class category is a permanent resident of Karnataka state, the distance between the school and house is at least 5 Kilometers and parent’s income is not exceeding 2.50 Lakh is eligible to apply for this scholarship scheme.
Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC
To apply for Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship aspirants must be a permanent resident of the Karnataka state and enrolled in Government or private schools in the state. Contenders must score more than 90% of marks in the SSLC/Secondary PUC examinations held in the month of march’19. The annual income of the parents should not exceed 1 Lakh Rupees for the candidates belongs to category 1 and not exceed 2.50 lakh for the candidates belongs to 2A, 3A, and 3B category.
Required Documents List
- Bank Pass Book for student’s bank account details
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority (for SC/ST/BC/ PWD category candidates)
- Income Certificate issued by Tahsilar or Sub-Tahsildar
- Latest passport-sized photograph
- Residential Certificate/ Domicile certificate
- Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate (SSLC)
- Transfer Certificate (TC) issued by the school or college
How to Apply In Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Go to the official website of the department.
- Scroll the page and go to the “Student Zone”
- Click on Fresh and Renewal Registrations for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR”
- A new page will open on the screen click on the link given in front of “Publication” and PDF file open on the screen
- Read the details and come back on the same page, now click on the link in front of “instructions to candidates” and read. Or you may click the below-provided links.
- As you find you are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you are new applicant click on the link “apply online” given in front of “fresh” otherwise click on “apply online” given in front of “Renewal”
- Fill the application form and mention all the details as per the requirement in the form
- Must take a review of the field details before final submission of your application
- In the end, we must take a print out of the filled application for further reference.
Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Status
- Go to the official website of the department “Official Website”
- Select “Student service” option and drop-down list open with options
- Select “application status” and login page appears on the screen
- Enter your login details and click get status
- Your application status will appear
- Commencing date of the application form filling procedure is 5th October’19
- The last date of the online application form filling procedure is 31st October’19
|Official website||Click Here|
|Official notification||Click here|
|User Manual||click here|
|Fresh application Form||Click Here|
|Renewal application Form||Click Here|
Note: You may contact in office hours for more information directly to the department of backward classes welfare, Karnataka (Morning: 10.30 am – 5.30 pm) Contact Number: 8050770005/8050770004. Stay tuned with us for more relevant information and updates in Vidyasiri Scholarship.