Have you booked a reservation in Railway to travel somewhere but due to certain reasons your plan has been canceled? Here is good news for you, as Indian Railway recently revealed the new rules of Railway ticket cancellation and refund. Now the cancellation and refund policy made by Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited are more transparent and customers/ passengers friendly. In Railway Ticket Cancellation New Rules article, you may get all the details you need to know, please have a look till the end.
Table of Contents
Railway Ticket Cancellation New Rules 2020
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has announced new rules related to the cancellation and refund of Railway Ticket. Now the candidates will get the refund more easily and timely. Reservation of the train ticket can be cancelled four hours before the scheduled departure time. Contenders who wish to cancel the train ticket have to follow a simple procedure. We provide the procedure and rules regarding railway ticket cancellation is also mentioned.
Highlights Of Railway Ticket Cancellation New Rules 2020
|Rules Related to||Cancellation and Refund of Railway Ticket|
|Organization name||Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC)|
Rules for Counter Ticket Cancellation and Refund:
- Applicable only in the case customer provides a valid mobile number at the time of ticket booking
- Ticket cancellation and refund will permit only in case of normal circumstances. Not applicable in case of cancellation of ticket due to late running of trains or cancelation of trains.
- Online cancellation of train ticket is permitted only four hours before the departure time if the train ticket is fully confirmed and 30 minutes before the scheduled departure in case of RAC/ Waitlist
- Once the candidate/ passenger will cancel the PNR, the status will display as cancelled.and amount to be refunded by the organization will also show on the website
- In case of privilege/duty pass/PTOs/complimentary pass, tickets may be allowed to cancelled on the website but no amount will be refunded.
Procedure for Counter Ticket Cancellation and Refund:
- Open the official website of the Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC)
- Enter PNR number, train number and captcha code given on the screen
- Confirm the rules and procedure by click checkbox after reading the rules
- Click submit option given next to the captcha and an OTP will be sent on your registered number
- Enter the OTP in the given space on the screen and submit it
- As your OTP verification complete, PNR details will appear on the screen
- Click on cancel ticket for full cancellation and the refund amount will display on the screen
- You will get a confirmation SMS with PNR and refund details.
Deduction in Tickets
In case of cancellation of ticket more than 48 hours before the scheduled departure of train, deduction charges will be Rs.240 for AC first class/executive class, Rs.200 for AC 2 tier/first class, Rs.180 for AC 3 tier/AC chair car/ AC 3 Economy, Rs.120 for sleeper class and Rs.60 for second class. 25% of the fare will be deducted in case of cancellation in between 48 hours to 12 hours of scheduled departure time of the train. In case of cancellation of the ticket in between 12 hours to 4 hours of scheduled departure time of train 50% deduction will be made.