We are living in the Digital world, to live in today’s world it is necessary to update ourselves with the latest technology. Due to lack of finance, everyone is not able to get information about the latest digital technology, especially in rural areas. Our Honorable Prime Minister take an initiative to let at least one person in the family of the rural area has the basic information about digital technology use, for this a new scheme named “Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan” has been started. In this article you people may know about PMGDisha in detail, have a look on the further stated session.
Table of Contents
PMGDisha Mission 2020
PMGDisha Mission has been launched by the Honorable Prime Minister Mr Narander Modi with an aim to make at least one person in every family digitally literate. Under this scheme, six crore persons in the rural area across state/ UTs will become digitally literate by 31st March 2020. Training will provide to the people to operate computer or digital access device. In the training program, people will learn how to send & receive emails, browse the internet, access government services, search for information, undertake digital payment and many other things to make them enable to use information technology and other related applications. The scheme is specially for SC/ ST/ BPL/ Women/ PwD/ Minority peoples.
Highlights of PMGDisha
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan|
|Launched by||Honourable Prime Minister Mr Narander Modi|
|Beneficial for||Rural area people|
|Benefits||Imparting training about digital technology|
|Supervision||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in active collaboration with States/UTs through their designated State Implementing Agencies, District e-Governance Society (DeGS), etc|
|Candidates||Should be non-IT Literate and must not attain the age of 60 years and not less than 14 years. preference will be given: SC/ ST/ BPL/ Women/ PwD/ Minority applicants Non-smartphone users, Antyodaya households, college drop-outs, Participants of the adult literacy mission digitally illiterate school students from class 9th to 12th|
|Training Partner||Registered organization in India doing business in the domain of education/ IT literacy for more than three years Having Permanent Income Tax Account Number (PAN) Audited statements of accounts for at least last three yearsThe partner must have clearly defined objectives partner must have well-documented processes partner must have procedures covering the entire range of education/ IT literacy training|
Training Program in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
- Training imparting to the eligible candidates is of 20 hours
- Duration of the training program is a minimum 10 days and maximum of 30 days.
- Competency standards of training are as follow:
- Basic Terminology, Navigation and Functionality of Digital Devices
- Accessing, Creating, Managing and Sharing Information by Using Digital Device
- Internet Browsing Use in an Effective And Responsible Manner
- Communicate Effectively by Using Digital Technology
- Cashless Transactions by Using Digital Financial Tools Like USSD/ UPI/ E-wallet/ AEPS/ Card/ PoS
- Digital Locker Use
- Online Citizen-Centric Services Use
- Training Partner shall be responsible
- to have or appoint the Training Centers in the identified Districts/ Blocks/ Gram Panchayats for imparting training to the beneficiaries
- ensuring that the training centres adhere to the PMGDISHA requirements
- accountable for monitoring the overall working of the centres that fall under its purview
- liable for accurate and timely reporting of the aforementioned work ascribed to the centres
Training Fee Of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
Candidates need to pay Rs. 300/- directly to the training partner/centre. Payment is to be made through CSC-SPV on successful certification of candidates trained by them.
To become a Training Partner under PMGDisha Organization/ society/ NGOs need the following documents:
- Registration certificate
- Proof of prior experience
- At least 10 Training centres list with complete information as per the PMU provided format
- PAN card photocopy
- Income Tax return of last 3 years
- Audit Balance Sheet of last 3 years
- Bank account details of the organization/ society/ NGO
- A copy of cancel cheque
- Recognition certificate
- Notary attested affidavit
Procedure to Register In Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
To get PMGDisha certificate you need not get special training to get a certification, you can directly appear in the examination to get the certificate by following few easy steps as mentioned below:
- Open the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan.
- From home page, you need to go to the option “Direct candidate click here” given in the menu bar
- As you click a new page will appear on the screen, select the “register” option
- As you click a new page will appear where you need to enter UIDAI Number (Aadhar Number), name, gender and Date of Birth
- Now tick the checkbox after reading the instructions and complete the registration process.