PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme: As you all know that due to coronavirus lockdown many migrant workers have come back to their own City or village. There are many people who don’t have houses to live in. Considering this situation the Government of India has launched a scheme called affordable rental housing scheme. Today through this article we are going to give you all the important information regarding affordable rental housing schemes.
Read more: Indira Awas Yojana
Such as objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, important documents, application procedure etc. If you want to get all the important information regarding affordable rental housing schemes then you are requested to read this article very carefully.
Table of Contents
When is PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme launched and approved?
On 14th may 2020 the finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana called Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Affordable Rental Housing Scheme. The scheme has been approved by cabinet on 8 July 2020. This scheme has been launched in order to help the migrant workers and poor people to get a roof on their head.
What is PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme?
Through the implementation of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme affordable rental accommodations will be provided to migrant workers and poor labourers. Under this scheme the government is going to convert vacant government-funded houses and complexes into rental accommodations through PPP mode.
The business companies, agencies, associations etc are also motivated to build accommodations for its workers at low rent by providing various benefits like tax relief, 50% additional floor area ratio etc. The ministry of housing and urban affairs is responsible for the implementation of this scheme. The government has decided a budget of Rs 600 crore for the implementation of this scheme and initially the government has decided to benefit 3 lakh beneficiaries through this scheme by providing accommodation at low cost for 25 years.
PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme Key Highlights
|Article About||PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme|
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Objective||To provide rental accommodation at low price|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Objective of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
- The main objective of the affordable rental housing scheme is to provide rental accommodation to migrant workers and all those people who do not have a roof on their head. The government is going to provide rental accommodation at low cost so that the income of migrant workers and poor will be saved. This scheme is going to help them financially.
Benefits and Features
- By the implementation of this scheme the government is going to provide affordable rental accommodations to all those people who do not have a roof on their head.
- For the implementation of this the vacant government funded houses and complexes will be used.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme will have to pay low rent.
Read more: पीएम श्रमिक सेतु पोर्टल
- The government has also motivated business companies, agencies, associations etc to provide rental houses to its workers at low cost by providing various tax relief.
- The government has decided a budget of Rs 600 crores for the implementation of this scheme.
- This scheme was announced on 14th may 2020 and has been approved by cabinet on 8 July 2020
- The ministry of housing and urban affairs will be responsible for the implementation of this scheme
PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme Beneficiaries
- Urban poors in industrial segment
- Service industry
- Manufacturing parts
- Associations and so on
Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents
- Applicant should be a citizen of India
- Applicant should be a migrant worker or someone who does not have their own house
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Ration card
PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme Application Procedure
- If you want to apply for PMAY Affordable Rental Housing Scheme then you have to wait for sometime as this scheme is in its initial stage of development. The government has not yet launched an official website for this scheme. As soon as the government launches an official website we will update you with any other required information and application procedure through this article. You are requested to be in touch with us if you want to know about the updates regarding this scheme.