PM Matsya Sampada Yojana in Hindi|Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Online Registration| PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Official Website
To accelerate aquaculture and to improve the financial condition of the people working in the Fish cultivation the government has come up with a new scheme called Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. As Fish cultivation being one of the primary sources of income for many of the citizens of the country the government has planned to provide various benefits to the people related to this sector. So, today we are going to discuss the Yojana related details like eligibility criteria, objective, benefits, necessary documents required, etc. We will also share the step by step procedure to apply for the various documents. So, readers are advised to go through the article completely to get more details of the Yojana.
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
The Prime Minister of the country along with the Governor and Chief Minister of Bihar, and with the Union Minister and MoS for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying has officially launched the government Yojana called Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana on 10th September 2020. The yojana aims to enhance fish production to 220 LMT with an investment of over Rs.20,000 crores in the next five years. The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Giriraj Singh, said the ambitious scheme will result in doubling export earnings to Rs.1,00,000 crore and generate about 55 lakh direct and indirect employment opportunities in the fisheries sector over a period of the next five years. The Fisheries Minister said that about 42% of the total estimated investment of the PMMSY is earmarked for the creation and up-gradation of fisheries infrastructure facilities.
Highlights of Matsya Sampada Yojana
|Yojana Name||PM Matsya Sampada Yojana|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Objective||Improvement in Fish Cultivation and Providing Support to Fisherman|
|Beneficiary||Fisherman and Farmers of the Country|
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
With the launch of the yojana, the government aims an estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores comprising Central share of Rs.9,407 crore, the State share of Rs 4,880 crore and Beneficiaries contribution of Rs. 5,763 crore. PMMSY will be implemented in all the states and union territories for a period of five years from FY 2020-21 to 2024-25. The yojana will bring Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector in India.
“Economic Revolution through Blue Revolution”, says Union Fisheries Minister
“Government to register 3,477 “Sagar Mitra” in coastal fisher villages and encourage Fish Farmers Producer Organizations (FPO): Shri Giriraj Singh.
A total investment of Rs.1390 crore with Central Share of Rs. 535 crores to complete the additional fish production target pegged at 3 lakh tons. State Government has sanctioned for current financial year project cost of Rs.107.00 crore for major components like
- Establishment of Re-circulatory Aquaculture System (RAS),
- Construction of Biofloc ponds for aquaculture,
- Finfish hatcheries,
- Construction of new ponds for aquaculture,
- Ornamental fish culture units,
- Installation of Cages in reservoirs/wetlands,
- Ice plants,
- Refrigerated vehicles,
- Motor cycle with ice box,
- Three-wheeler with ice box,
- Cycle with ice box,
- Fish feed plants,
- Extension and support services (Matsya Seva Kendra),
- Establishment of a Brood Bank
Objective of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The scheme aims to bring the Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector in India.
- Doubling fishers and fish farmers incomes and generation of employment.
- Enhancing contribution to Agriculture GVA and exports.
- Social, physical, and economic security for fishers and fish farmers
- Enhancing fish production and productivity through expansion, intensification, diversification, and productive utilization of land and water.
- Harnessing of fisheries potential in a sustainable, responsible, inclusive, and equitable manner.
- Enhancement of the socio-economic status is one the core objectives of this scheme.
- Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- PMMSY will help in increasing the income of the field related people.
- Multiplying fishers and fish ranchers earnings and age of work
- Improving commitment to Agriculture GVA and fares
- Social, physical, and financial security for fishers and fish ranchers
- The scheme will help in doubling export earnings to Rs.1,00,000 crore.
- PPMSY will create direct and indirect employment opportunities in the fisheries sector over a period of the next five years
- The scheme will help in enhancing fish production from 137.58 lakh metric tons (2018-19) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024-25.
- Insurance coverage for fishing vessels will be provided for the first time.
- Sustained average annual growth of about 9% in fish production.
- Fish farmers
- Fish workers
- Fish vendors
- SCs/STs/Women/Differently abled persons
- Fisheries cooperatives/Federations
- Fisheries Development corporations
- Self Help Groups (SHGs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) and Individual Entrepreneurs.
PMMSY Implementation Strategy
- The PMMSY will be implemented as an umbrella scheme with two separate Components namely (a) Central Sector Scheme (CS) and (b) Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
- An amount of Rs. 1720 crores has been earmarked under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
- Majority of the activities under the Scheme would be implemented with active participation of States/UTs.
- For optimal outcomes, ‘Cluster or area-based approach’ would be followed with requisite forward and backward linkages and end to end solutions.
- Private sector participation, development of entrepreneurship, business models, promotion of ease of doing business, innovations and innovative project activities including start-ups, incubators etc. in fisheries sector.
- Creation of 3347 Sagar Mitras in coastal fisher villages.
- Collectivization of fishers and fish farmers through Fish Farmer Producer Organizations.
Matsya Sampada Yojana Impacts
- Enhanced fish production from 137.58 lakh metric tons (2018-19) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024-25.
- PMMSY will help in sustaining average annual growth of about 9% in fish production.
- The scheme will help in increasing the contribution of GVA of fisheries sector to the Agriculture GVA from 7.28% in 2018-19 to about 9% by 2024-25.
- It will result in doubling export earnings from Rs.46,589 crores (2018-19) to about Rs.1,00,000 crores by 2024- 25.
- The scheme will enhance productivity in aquaculture from the present national average of 3 tonnes to about 5 tonnes per hectare.
- PMMSY will help in reduction of post-harvest losses from the reported 20-25% to about 10%.
- The scheme will help in enhancement of the domestic fish consumption from about 5-6 kg to about 12 kg per capita.
- PMMSY will generate about 55 lakhs direct and indirect employment opportunities in the fisheries sector along the supply and value chain.
How to Apply for PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The application procedure of the Yojana is not a tedious process as per the fisheries development officer Chitranjan Kumar.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of PMMSY.
- Now you have to log in with your login credentials.
- Fill the application form and submit it.
- Upload all the necessary documents asked in the application form.
- The beneficiaries are required to prepare their own SCP-DPR before filling the application form and it must be uploaded with the application form while filling the application form.
- DPR template to be filled can be downloaded from the official website of the PMMSY.
New Launched e-Gopala App
A new application called -Gopala App has been launched by the government at the same time for the betterment of the farmer of the country. Various farmer related activities can be managed through the e-Gopala app such as
- Buying and selling of disease-free germplasm in all forms;
- Availability of quality breeding services and guiding farmers for animal nutrition,
- Treatment of animals using appropriate ayurvedic medicine/ethnoveterinary medicine.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of PMMSY.
- Form the homepage of the website, click on the Feedback option.
- A feedback form will open before you.
- Provide your feedback in the form.
- Now click on the Submit option.
- Telephone Number: 011-23097014, 011-23310351
- Email: sanjay[dot]rpandey[at]gov[dot]in, rakesh[dot]kr38[at]gov[dot]in