PM Gramin Ujala Yojana Apply Online| Eligiblity| Pradhan Mantri Ujala Scheme| प्रधानमंत्री उजाला योजना ऑनलाइन आवेदन| सूची| PM Ujala Yojana List
The government of India is focusing on the development of rural areas across the country by launching various new schemes. Today we are providing you information about PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021. Under this scheme LED bulb is distributed by the government in the rural area of the country for the price of Rs10/Bulb. Pradhan Mantri Ujala Scheme will be implemented in a phased manner in various cities of India. Here in this post, we will provide you complete information about प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण उजाला योजना. Please read this post till the end for complete information about the registration process, the application process, eligibility criteria, important documents required, etc.
Table of Contents
PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2021
प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण उजाला योजना is launched to minimise the expenditure on electricity bill so that the people can save their money. Under this scheme government will distribute LED bulb for the price of 10rs to the rural people of India. With the help of this scheme people can save money on electricity bill, because these bulbs are very energy efficient. By using these bulbs about 9324 crore units of electricity will be saved annually. While 7.65 million tonnes of carbon emissions will be reduced annually. Government of India is planning to distribute around 60million of LED bulb to the 15 to 20 million beneficiaries across the rural areas of the country.
प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण उजाला योजना Overview
|Name of Scheme
|PM Gramin Ujala Yojana
|Energy Efficiency Services Limited
|Residents of Rural Areas
|To Bring Energy Efficiency to Rural Areas
|Cost Of LED Bulb
|Total Bulbs to be distributed
|Number of Beneficiaries
|15 to 20 Million
|9324 crore units
|Total Money saved
What is LED Bulb?
The full form of LED is Light Emitting Diode, LED bulb use semiconductor device that emits visible light when electric current passes through it. LED light bulbs are a more environmentally-friendly alternative to incandescent bulb. The bulbs can work for 50000 hours, if not run outside of the specified temperature range. They use about 8-11 watts of power to replace a 60-watt incandescent with at least 806 lumen and 9.5 watts for a 75-watt equivalent. This capacity provides an efficiency gain of up to 80% over incandescent bulbs. LED bulbs have the lowest cost over ownership of all lights and no mercury and minimal toxic materials required in the production of these bulbs.
Savings Under PM Gramin Ujala Yojana
प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण उजाला योजना will save about 9324 crore units of electricity annually from 2021. While there will be a reduction in carbon emissions by 7.65 million tonnes annually. 50000 crore rupees will be saved annually through this scheme. Through this, rural areas will be developed and their standard of living will improve. 50000 crore rupees will be saved annually through this scheme. No subsidy will be taken from the Central or State Government for this scheme. Whatever expenditure will be incurred in the Pradhan Mantri Ujala Scheme, EESL will do. The cost of this scheme will be recovered through carbon trading.
प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण उजाला योजना Objective
Through this, rural areas will be developed and their standard of living will improve, people of rural areas will be aware of energy efficiency so that the entire country will develop. Under this scheme, 60 crores LED bulbs will be distributed to about 15 to 20 crore beneficiaries. With the help of this Yojana, not only will there be savings in people’s money but a better life will be achieved and the demand for LED bulbs will also increase which will increase the investment. This Yojana will be implemented in a phased manner including Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, Ara in Bihar, Nagpur in Maharashtra, Vadnagar in Gujarat, and Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh.
PM Gramin Ujala Yojana Key Benefits
PM Ujala Yojana 2021 will be launched by Public Sector Energy Efficiency Services Limited. Here we are discussing the benefits of this scheme.
- People from rural areas will be aware of energy efficiency through this Yojana.
- The electricity bill will be reduced through this scheme.
- People’s money will be saved through this scheme.
- Through this scheme, there will be a savings of 50000 crore rupees per year.
- No subsidy will be taken from the central and state government to implement the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana. Whatever expenses will be incurred in this scheme will be paid by EESL.
- The cost under this scheme will be recovered through carbon trading.
- The scheme will be implemented in a phased manner in Varanasi, Ara, Nagpur, Vadnagar, and Vijayawada.
- The scheme will be implemented across India by April.
- 60 crore LED bulbs will be distributed to 15 to 20 crore beneficiaries through Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana.
- प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण उजाला योजना will save about 9325 crore units of electricity annually through 2021.
- Through this scheme, carbon emissions will be reduced by 7.65 million tonnes annually.
- Under this Yojana, LED bulbs will be provided to families in rural areas for ₹ 10.
- Under this scheme, three to four LED bulbs will be provided to each family.
Previous launch of the Ujala Yojana
NTPC, PFC, REC and Power Grid joint venture company have distributed more than 36.50 crore LED bulbs at the rate of ₹ 70 per bulb under UJALA program. Out of which only 20% bulbs have reached rural areas. Under the UJALA program, tube lights, energy efficiency fans, street lights, smart meters, electronic vehicles, EV charging etc. are also included.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to be the resident of India.
- Applicant must belong to the rural area under the PM UJALA YOJANA
- Applicant must have the approved meter connection from their respective Electricity Distribution Company
Important Documents Required
- Resident Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
PM Gramin Ujala Yojana Registration Process
- Visit the Official Website, the homepage will appear.
- On the Homepage, Click on Apply Online option
- The application form page will appear on the screen.
- Now enter the required details like name, father name, date of birth, gender, address, and other information and upload documents.
- Click on Submit Button for the final submission of the application.
We hope you get complete details about Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana To get more information about other Government schemes, Scholarship programs, and upcoming vacancies, please visit our website regularly because we update it on daily basis.