Open Government Data Portal: The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Gov. of India taken an initiative of OGD . The National Informatics Centre (NIC) which is a leading ICT organization of the Government of India created the portal. This portal is one of the steps taken under Pillar 6 (Information for All) of the Digital India initiative. This online platform will provide access of government data in an open/machine-readable format with the help of a wide network all over the nation. The Open Government Data Portal has a responsive web layout.
Table of Contents
Open Government Data Portal
OGD that was created by using Open-Source Stack is a valuable tool for promoting transparency and innovation in gov. The online platform has many features such as visualisations, APIs, Alerts etc. OGD portal has user-friendly interface. It is an essential resource for anyone who wants to know more about the government. The major modules of the portal are Data Management System (DMS), Content Management System (CMS), Visitor Relationship Management (VRM), and Communities . The interface of the online portal is based on Dublin Core metadata standards.
Open Government Data Portal Overview
|Name of Article||Open Government Data Portal|
|Established By||National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|Aim||Make it easier for people to access government-owned shareable data|
|Beneficiary||People of India|
The objective of Open Gov. Data Portal is to make gov. shareable data accessible in a human readable and machine-readable form in a proactive and periodically updatable way, within the framework of many related policies, Acts, and Rules of the Gov. of India.
Open Government Data Portal Benefits
- People will be able to submit their ideas and data requests to help in contributing ministries and departments prioritize data sharing.
- The portal will be able to create maps and many chart types, such as radar, bar, line, area, pie, and column charts.
- Individual will be able to write directly to the Chief Data Officer (provider), if they have any query regarding the resources made available to them.
- With the help of a responsive web layout, services get easily accessible on a variety of desktop and mobile devices.
- People has the option to score the resources on a scale of 1 to 5 as per the three criteria such as quality, accessibility, and usability.
- There is also a separate event site that will help to manage workshops, hackathons, challenges, etc https://event.data.gov.in
Steps to Register on the Open Government Data Portal
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website.
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- After that click on the Register option on the home page.
- Now you will see the registration form on the screen.
- After that, fill in the form by entering all the required details such as name, email id, country, date of birth, gender, etc
- At last, click on the Create New Account option.
- By following these steps, you will be able to do the registration.
Procedure to Login on the Open Government Data Portal
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of the Open Government Data Portal.
- You will reach on the homepage of the website .
- After that you have to click on the Login option on the screen.
- Now you will see the login page in front of you.
- Then you will see two options to login such as Login with OTP and Login with Password.
- If you choose log in with OTP option, then you have to enter your registered email id or mobile number.
- Then you will receive an OTP on your registered email id or mobile number.
- Now you have to enter that received OTP in the space given.
- After entering OTP, click on the Login option on the screen.
- If you select log in with password option, then enter your registered email id or mobile number and the password in the space given.
- Finally, click on the login option on the screen.
- By following these steps, you will be able to do log in to your registered account.
Process to Give Feedback
- At First, you have to visit the official website of the Open Government Data Portal.
- The homepage of the website will appear in front of you.
- After that you have to click on the Feedback option on the screen.
- Now you will see the feedback form in front of you.
- Then fill the form by entering all required details such as name, email id, category, feedback details, etc
- Lastly, you have to click on the Submit option.
- By following these steps, you can submit your feedback.
To Register on the Open Gov. Data Portal, it is necessary to go to the official website that is https://data.gov.in/
Residents of India can use Open Gov. Data Portal.