National Digital Communications Policy 2020 has approved by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi. The new NDCP 2020 replaced the existing policy. Under New National Digital Communications Policy 2020 government wants to provide Digital Communications Infrastructure and Services to the citizens of the country and also wants to fulfill the needs of latest digital technology and services. NDCP-2020policy will defiantly increase the effective participation in the global digital economy. Under the National Digital Communications Policy 2020 government wants to provide universal broadband connectivity at 50 Mbps to every citizen.
Table of Contents
About NDCP- 2020
The NDCP- 2020 aims to provide universal broadband connectivity at 50 Mbps to every citizen. Initial target is to provide 1 Gbps Connectivity to all Gram Panchayat and Rural Areas by year 2020 and 10 Gbps Connectivity till 2022. Another target of the National Digital Communications Policy 2020 is to increase contribution of Digital Communications sector in india’s GDP up to 8% of Total Gross Domestic product index. NDCP 2018 will surely attract the investment up to USD 100 billion and it will provide training to 1 million youth for developing new technology era.
Brief Summary of NDCP- 2020
|Scheme Name||National Digital Communications Policy 2020|
|Launched by||Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Launched date||25th September 2018|
|Ministry||Ministry of Communications|
|Objective||To provide broadband to every citizen|
|Category||Central Govt. Scheme|
Objective of the National Digital Communications Policy 2020
- Enhancing the contribution of the Digital Communications sector to Up to 8%
- To enter India in the Top 50 Nations in the ICT Development Index.
- Attract the Investment up to USD 100 billion.
- Universal broadband connectivity at 50 Mbps to every citizen.
- 1 Gbps connectivity to all Gram Panchayats of India by 2020 and 10 Gbps by 2022
- Provide training to 1 million youth for developing new technology era.
- Establishment of a ubiquitous, resilient and affordable broadband connectivity.
Implantation of NDCP- 2020
Government are planning to take 3 strategy for implantation of National Digital Communications Policy 2018 which are as follows-
- Connect India with latest technology.
- Propel India with the world.
- Secure India with latest technology.