Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana has started by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare to empower the women of rural areas in agricultural sector. Under MKSP Scheme government of India provide a number of benefits to the beneficiaries such as funding support, skill training & give all information how to utilize services of the government. Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana is a sub component of Deendayal Antodaya Yojana. The primary focus of the government under the scheme is to improve the livelihood of women in country as well as provides them better options to become self dependent.
The vision of the government under the MKSP is to improve the women employment ratio in the rural area and for fulfilling the vision central government has started the Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana. In this scheme the women’s of rural areas are getting the benefits to improve the productivity of crops. MKSP Is a joint adventure of NRLM and state Agriculture & Farmers Welfare department as implementing agencies. The funding under the scheme is serves in the ratio of 75:25 i.e 75 funded by central government and 25 funding by the state government. Read more about Women Entrepreneurship Platform
Brief Summary of MKSP
|Scheme name||Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana|
|Launched by||Central government of India|
|Launched date||Financial year 2010-2011|
|Ministry||Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare|
|Objective||To empower the women in agricultural sector|
|Beneficiary||Women of Rural areas|
Objective of MKSP
- To empower the women of rural areas in agricultural sector.
- To improve the crop production.
- Enhance the participation of women in agriculture sector.
- For improving the skills and capabilities of women agricultural sector
- Enables the women of rural areas to utilize the government services.
- Create sustainable livelihood institutions around agriculture and allied activities
- Check Mahila Shakti Kendra
Key Features Of MKSP
- The funding under the MKSP is released by central government and state government in the ratio of 75: 25 respectively.
- Theme of the scheme is sustainable agriculture, non timber forest produce, live stock & fisheries.
- MKSP provides information about new technologies and methods of farming to women farmers.
- MKSP is a sub component of the Deendayal Antodaya Yojana-NRLM (DAY-NRLM)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Benefits of MKSP
- The scheme will uplift the status of the rural area women.
- It will make women self dependent
- The ratio of employment in women also increases.
- This will increase the incomes of women farmers.
- It will reduce the ratio of women labors.
- Mahila E Haat
Selection Process Under MKSP
- You have to submit your project to department of State rural livelihood mission (SRLM)
- The SRLM will forward your project to National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)
- NRLM will evaluate your project
- NRLM will forward your project to responsible authority for field appraisal or investigation.
- Project screening community will approved your project.
- In the last Project screening community will forward your project report to responsible office for final approval of the project.
- After approval of the project the fund will be released in three installments.
- 1st installment by central govt. 2nd by state government and last third by central govt.
How to apply for Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
- Contact to the department of State rural livelihood mission. The responsible department will register you in the MKSP scheme.
- Data entry operator of MKSP will fill your application form from the departmental online portal of MKSP.
- You have to submit your all document to SRLM department.
- After the successful submission of the application SRLM Will forward your application to NRLM.
- The entire process of approval of project is given in above section.