Kusum Scheme was launched under the ministry of power and new & renewable energy. The objective of Pradhan Mantri Solar Pump Yojana is to provide the extra income sources to the farmers of India. With the help of Kusum Scheme government is planning to update the irrigation system of India and as well as promoting solar power production. The implementation of Kusum yojana will definitely give the boost to the production of solar energy. The government will change more than 3 crore Diesel and Petrol pumps with Solar Power pumps.
Kusum Scheme Latest Update
On 1st February 2020 union budget has been announced and finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the government will make efforts to double the farmer’s income by 2022 and has a sharp focus for the development of agriculture sector. In this concern the government has decided to expend the benefits of this scheme to 20 Lakh farmers for the setup of solar pumps, not only this, to enhance the farmer’s income and support the many other proposals have been proposed by the finance minister while announcing the budget.
PM Solar Pump Yojana
This solar Pump Yojana is providing a chance to earn Rs 80000 per annum. The government will now make use of barren lands in order to generate solar energy. In order to set up 1 MW, Solar Plant Central Government needs 5 acres of land. Each 1 MW Capacity Solar plant will generate approximately 11 lakh units of electricity on an annual basis.
Khushi Solar Pump Scheme
According To the Ministry of Power and New & Renewable Energy, DISCOMs (Distribution Companies) that buy electricity produced through this scheme. The electricity company who will install Solar Panel on Farmer Land will pay the 30 paise per unit to the landowner, which is roughly Rs 6600 per month.
Pradhan Mantri Solar Pump Yojana Details
Under the KUSUM Yojana Government of India are providing multiple benefits to Farmers of India. The farmers save the cost of petroleum fuels by installing solar irrigation pumps. The second benefits of the schemes are that farmers can sell the extra power directly to the government. Kusum Yojana is a Double Benefits Scheme of Central Government. Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana will provide the Extra incomes to those farmers who will install these 2 MW solar irrigation pumps.
Check PM Modi Yojana
Silent Factors of PM Solar Pump Scheme
Central Government has allocated Rs. 48,000 crore for the KUSUM Yojana for the ten-year period. This scheme will start with building 10,000 MW solar plants on barren lands and providing 1.75 million off-grid agricultural solar pumps. The capacity of the solar irrigation pumps will be 2 MW. It will promote decentralized solar power production, reduce of transmission losses of DISCOMS as well as provide support to improve the financial health of DISCOMs by reducing subsidy burden to the agriculture sector.
Brief Summary of Kisan Scheme 2021
|Scheme Name||Kusum Solar Panel Scheme|
|Launched By||Finance Minister|
|Category||Central Government scheme|
|Objective||To provide solar Irrigation pumps at subsidized Price|
|Ministry||power and new & renewable energy|
Benefits of PM Solar Panel Scheme 2021
- Solar irrigation will be served at a subsidized price.
- Kusum Scheme will provide extra sources of income.
- The all farmers of India can apply for the Kusum Scheme
- Applicants must have Aadhar card
- The Applicant must have a bank account
- Applicants must resident proof of the state
Key features of Kusum Yojana
- The government will provide double benefits under the Kusum Yojana
- Giving the opportunity to generate solar power with this scheme and sell to the Government
- Only 10% of the total cost of project shall have to spend by the farmer.
- 60% cost of the project will be given by the Government in the form of subsidy.
- Remaining 30% Capital Money will be provided by the banks in credit form.
- Farmers can construct a shed in the same piece of land, and cultivate vegetables or other small crops under the shed,
Document Required for Kusum Scheme
- AADHAR Card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Income certificate
- Address Proof
Kusum Scheme Registration Procedure
If you wish to apply for Kusum scheme then go to the below section where we are pricing you the direct links for registration under the – Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan Yojana.
- Go to the official website of KUSUM Yojana
- Click on the registration section presented on the official website
- Provide all the required details
- Farmers must have submitted his Aadhar No. And Aadhar Linked Nationalized Bank Account.
- Click on the declaration section and then in the last of the form click on the submit button
- After Successfully registration under the Kisan Urja Yojana.
- The selected beneficiaries are directed to deposit the 10% cost of the Solar Pump Set to the suppliers approved by the department.
- After sanctioning of the subsidy amount the Solar Pump set is commissioned at the farmer’s field.
- In normal conditions, the Solar Pump set will be commissioned within 90 to 120 Days.
Registration List kusum Scheme
- Firstly, go to the official website of the Kusum Scheme.
- The homepage of the website will show on the screen.
- Select the option “List of applicant registered under Kusum Scheme”.
- After clicking on the option a new page will open containing the list of the applicant registered under the Kusum Scheme.
- Now anyone can easily check their name on the list.
It is a central government initiative for the farmers to enhance their income.
Applicants must have at least 1-hectare land for application of this scheme.
Government has not specified any income range.
No. applicants have to invest 40% of the project. If they have a sufficient amount then he/ she can invest otherwise 30% of the project loan can an applicant apply but still, he/ she has to invest 10% from his own pocket.