A program has been launched by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to promote and development of sports in India named Khelo India. This scheme is launched in the year 2018 by the sports minister Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore in Delhi to revive the sports culture and to turn India into a sporting country. Khelo India Youth Games is an important part of this program. This event is launched in the month of January every year. Please have a look at the further stated details in this article to know more about the Khelo India Youth Games 2020.
Importance of Khelo India Youth Games
Sports and fitness is very important in one’s invaluable life. The Sport help in developing team spirit, develops strategic & analytical thinking, leadership skills, goal setting and risk-taking ability among the individuals. Sports development is very important for the overall development of the nation. After considering all these factors and the importance of sports our government has decided to start the Khelo India program. This program is started with the motive to promote the sports among the youth of the country and make India a great sporting nation. Under this program, sportspersons who got selected will get Rs.5 Lakh annually for the development of sports skills and prepare themselves for the national events. This financial assistance will be provided to the candidate for up to 8 years.
Highlights of Khelo India Youth Games program
|Program Name||Khelo India Youth Games 2020|
|Ministry||Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports|
|Applicability of scheme||PAN India|
|KIYG 2020 Venue||Guwahati|
|Registration Process||Active soon|
|Registration mode||Online/ Offline|
To achieve the objective of khelo India the program is further divided into following:
- Annual Sport Competition
- Community Coaching Development
- Physical of school children
- Play field Development
- Promotion of rural and indigenous/ tribal games
- Promotion of sports amongst people with disabilities
- Sports for Peace and Development
- Sports for women
- State Level Khelo India Centers
- Support to National/ Regional/ State/ Sports Academics
- Talent search and development
- Utilization and Creation/ Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure
Khelo India Youth Games 2020
It is an important part of the Khelo India program previously named as Khelo India School Games. This event is organized in the month of January every year. In this event, national-level multidisciplinary games are organized under two categories under-17 school students and under-21 college students. In KIYG, games organized are Athletics, Archery, Basketball, Boxing, Badminton, Cycling, Chess, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Handball, Judo, Karate, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Weightlifting, Volleyball, Wrestling, and Wushu. On the basis of the performance, concerned sports committee selects 1000 players to provide them financial aid.
Start Date Of KIYG
First KIYG was held on 31st January 2018 at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi and second at Pune, Maharashtra from 9th January to 20th January 2019. Third KIYG will be held from 18th January to 30th January 2020 at Guwahati. This time the games will be organized by the Indian School Games Federation of India (SGFI), Olympic Association (IOA), and Assam as host State in partnership. The registration process for KIYG 2020 will be started soon.
Khelo India Youth Games Schedule
Given below is the table showcasing the schedule for the games:-
|S. No||Name of Sports||Venue||Date of Sport|
|1||Archery||LNIP, Sonapur||10 Jan to 12 Jan|
|2||Athletics||Sarusajai Sport Complex||11 Jan to 14 Jan|
|3||Badminton||DTRP- Nehru Stadium, Ulubari||18 Jan to 21 Jan|
|4||Basketball||Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Hall, SSC||16 Jan to 20 January|
|5||Boxing||Sai Centre Paltal Bazar||16 Jan to 22 Jan|
|6||Cycling||LNIP, Sonapur||12 Jan to 16 Jan|
|7||Football (U- 17 Boys )||LNIP, Sonapur||12 Jan to 21 Jan|
|8||Football (U- 17 Girls )||Sai Centre Paltal Bazar||13 Jan to 22 Jan|
|9||Football (U- 21 Boys )||Sarusajai Sport Complex||13 Jan to 22 Jan|
|10||Football (U- 21 Girls )||DTRP- Nehru Stadium, Ulubari||13 Jan to 22 Jan|
|11||Gymnastics||Bogeshwari Phuknani Indoor Hall, Dispur||9 Jan to 14 Jan|
|12||Hockey||Tayabulla Hockey Stadium||13 Jan to 21 Jan|
|13||Judo||Sai Centre Paltal Bazar||10 Jan to 14 Jan|
|14||Kabaddi||LNIP, Sonapur||9 Jan to 13 Jan|
|15||Kho- Kho||Sarusajai Sport Complex||15 Jan to 19 Jan|
|16||Shooting||Kahilipara Shooting Ranges||11 Jan to 18 Jan|
|17||Swimming||Equatic Centre||17 Jan to 22 Jan|
|18||Table Tennis||DTRP- Nehru Stadium, Ulubari||10 Jan to 14 Jan|
|19||Tennis||Tenis Court Chachal||17 Jan to 22 Jan|
|20||Volleyball||Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Hall, SSC||9 Jan to 15 Jan|
|21||Weightlifting||Bogeshwari Phuknani Indoor Hall, Dispur||16 Jan to 22 Jan|
|22||Wrestling||LNIP, Sonapur||16 Jan to 19 Jan|
Candidates who are interested in applying for the KIYG must have an interest in a particular sport. There are two categories of KIYG: – Under 17 (those whose age is below 17 years can play in this category) and Under 21 (those whose age is below 21 years and over 17 years can play in this category)
Khelo India Youth Games 2020 Registration
- Firstly, open the official website of the ministry of youth affairs and sports.
- Click the relevant link from the options appears on the screen
- Enter all the details in the form appears on the screen
- Upload your recent scanned image and agree to terms & conditions
- Now click create profile option and 2nd page of the registration form will appear
- Now enter the details like fill educational, documentation and bank account details in the respective columns
- Click continue and the last page of the registration form will appear on the screen
- Now fill the Kitting details and contact information. Submit your details and profile has been created.
- You may log in to your profile with the help of username and password.
- Aadhaar no.
- Bank Account details with passbook
- Date of birth proof- birth certificate/ matriculation certificate/ school bonafide certificate
- Identity proof- Aadhaar card/ voter id/ passport
- Recent passport-sized photograph.