Government of India is conducting Khelo India University Games nowadays, before that Khelo India Youth Games and many more to promote the sports culture among the youngsters. Most of the athletes are from the universities and to encourage them Khelo India University Games has started from this year. Now, Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme (Junior- TOPS) is another initiative of the Government of India to promote sports. Here today we are going to provide you with the details related to the Junior- TOPS such as what the scheme is, who can apply, how to apply and many more. Interested people must have a look at further stated content once.
Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme
Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme has been announced by the Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on 20th February 2020 during a book launch event of “Dreams of a Billion – India and the Olympic Games” written by Boria Majumdar and Nalin Mehta. The main motive of the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs is to encourage the students or youngsters to choose sports as their hobby and career. The sports minister said that I want to make India a sporting powerhouse and bring in structural reform changes. He announced this scheme to take a step ahead towards his aim. Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju also added that to make India a sporting powerhouse it is necessary for us to change our way to look at sports. India is a big country; we should be talking about figuring in the top 10 in the 2028 Olympics.
Key Points of the Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme|
|Announced by||Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju|
|Announced on||20th February, 2020|
|Announced for||Junior athletes|
|Age group||12-15 years|
|Ministry||Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs|
|Category||Central government scheme|
|Application mode||Online or offline|
|Objective||To encourage the students towards sports|
|Official website||Disclosed soon|
Features of Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- This scheme will help the students of 12-15 years of age
- The government will provide financial assistance to those who have an interest in sports
- If the student has the potential then the government will take care of the child completely, parents need not bother
- This scheme will encourage youngsters towards sports to choose it as a career or make it a hobby
Benefits of Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- Provide financial assistance to the junior athletes in India
- Encourage the youngsters to make sports as a career
- Help to promote sports culture in the country
Procedure to Apply Junior Target Olympic Podium Scheme
Yet the government of India has not disclosed the application related information about this scheme. Here are some common steps which you have to follow to apply:
- Open the official website of the department
- Search the apply online link or download link of application form from home page
- Click on the link and application form will appear on the screen
- If the procedure is online you need to enter all the details in the application form and upload the necessary documents
- If the procedure is offline then you need to download the form, take a print out of it and fill the necessary information in it. Remember to attach the required documents
- Submit the Application form and must retain a copy of it with you for further use if needed.
Note: we mentioned all the information as announced by the government during the event. We hope the information is helpful to you. We will update the details as released by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs.