Hi readers, today we are here with a new article for you related to the IRCTC Vikalp Scheme 2020 initiated by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. This scheme is specially for the passengers who travel from Indian railway ticket reservation but their seats are in waiting list. To grab the information about the scheme you have to read the details furnished in this article by scroll the page. Please read the information very carefully and stay tuned with us for more updates in future.
Table of Contents
IRCTC Vikalp Scheme 2020
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has started vikalp scheme. According to IRCTC Vikalp Scheme 2020, the passenger who seeks for seat reservation but not gets confirmed seat can opt Vikalp option. Vikalp option has incorporated to assure a seat on the selected route in alternate train. Vikalp option is not confirmed to provide a seat in alternate train. Seat confirmation depends on the availability of seat. Alternate train departing between 30 minutes to 72 hours from the scheduled departure time of the original train in which you apply for the reservation of the seat.
Highlights of IRCTC Vikalp Scheme 2020
|Name of the scheme||IRCTC Vikalp Scheme|
|Announced by||Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation|
Features of IRCTC Vikalp Scheme 2020
- Vikalp option does not mean that confirmed berth will be provided to passengers in alternate train
- Passengers will get the seat in the alternate train completely depends on the availability of the seats.
- Under this scheme, your boarding and terminating station might change to nearby cluster stations
- Alternate train departing time will be in between 30 minutes to 72 hours of the original train time in which you apply for the reservation of the seat
- Check PNR status after charting if you choose vikalp option
- This scheme is applicable for all trains to all waiting list passengers irrespective of booking quota and concession
- Passenger can opt a maximum 7 times vikalp option for an alternate train
- Waitlist passengers who opt vikalp option will get alternate train seat after charting of the original train
- No extra charges will be taken from the passengers for the vikalp opted if the difference in fare
- No refund will be given to the passengers for the vikalp opted if the difference in fare
- The passenger can travel in the alternate train on the authority of original ERS/SMS
- If you once choose vikalp option and alternate train accommodation will be allotted to you, you are not allowed to board the original train.
- Call Centre (139), PRS Enquiry Counters, Passenger Operated Enquiry Terminals installed at stations and WEB ENQUIRY on www.indianrail.gov.inalso have this information
- Once you opt Vikalp option and Railway allots you an alternate seat to you then if you want to cancel your travel then cancellation charges are applicable for the seat as railway will treat you as a confirmed passenger.
- Vikalp scheme once you opt you cannot make any changes in it.