Food Safety Mitra Scheme has been launched by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India to strengthen food safety administration on the occasion of World Food Day. This scheme has been started to support the small and medium scale food businesses in compliance to the food safety law by providing licensing and registration, hygiene ratings and training facility to them. This scheme will also create employment opportunity for the youngster belongs to food and nutrition background. For more information about the scheme have a look on further stated details.
Food Safety Mitra Scheme Apply Online
On 16th October 2019 World Food Day, the FSSAI launches this scheme to scale up the ‘Eat Right India’ movement. Food Safety and Standards Authority of Indian with Domestic Workers Sector Skill Council (DWSSC) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is going to conduct a training course for domestic workers and homemakers across the country. Certificates will also be given by the FSSAI to the trainees. Appellants who are interested to apply for this scheme please read this article till the end.
Food Safety Mitra Scheme Highlights
|Scheme name||Food Safety Mitra|
|Launched by||Food Safety and Standards Authority of Indian|
|Launched on||16th October, 2019 World Food Day|
|Beneficial for||small and medium scale food businesses|
|Benefits of the scheme||licensing and registration, hygiene ratings and training facility|
|Type Of Scheme||Central Government Scheme|
Benefits of the scheme:
- Generate employment
- Ease of doing Business
- Strengthened Compliance
- Strengthened food safety ecosystem
Before knowing the eligibility, it is necessary to know who is Food Safety Mitra. FSM is an individual professional certified by FSSAI and perform limited actions on behalf of/for FBOs with respect to the implementation of FSS Act, Rules and Regulations.
- Age of the applicants is must in between 21 to 60 years
- Must have a bachelor degree from recognized university or institute
- Working knowledge of computer, internet etc.
|Basic Level||Graduate in science/ food technology/ food science/ chemistry/ biology/ microbiology or other related subjects. If graduate in other streams minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant food industry (catering, manufacturing, retail, etc.)|
|Advance Level|| Graduate in science/ food technology/ food science/ chemistry/
microbiology subjects. If graduate in other streams minimum 7 years work & implementation experience in relevant food industry (catering, manufacturing, retail, etc.)
|Special Courses||Graduate in science/ food technology/ food science/ chemistry/ biology/ microbiology subjects. If graduate in other streams minimum 7 years work & implementation experience in the particular sector of the industry (meat, fish, milk, etc.)|
|Training Experience as Trainer & Implementation Experience|
|Basic Level||Minimum 3 years training experience on food safety & hygiene including FSMS, HACCP and other similar food safety systems in the relevant Food Industry.|
|Advance Level||Minimum 5 years training experience on food safety & hygiene including FSMS,HACCP and other similar food safety systems in the relevant Food Industry.|
|Special Courses||Minimum 5 years training & implementation experience on food safety & systems regulations in the particular sector of the Industry.|
|General Training Received||Knowledge of FSS Rules & Regulations|
|Skills||Should have good communication and motivational skill. Shall be available for training at Least 20 days in a year|
- Applicants age is must in between 21 to 60 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Catering Technology I Hotel Management I Food /Dairy/ Fisheries/ Oil Technology/ Bio-Technology,/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences I Biochemistry/ Microbiology from a recognized university is necessary.
- Additionally, those who have the knowledge of the FSSAI Act and the Rules and Regulations there under. Sector-specific knowledge of hygienic and sanitary practices, processing techniques, hazards identification, knowledge/analysis/control of contaminants & allergens is a plus.
Certificate issuing process is mentioned further. The certificate is valid for 2 years only. Contenders have to renew their certificate after every 2 years.
- First Register on the FSM site
- Complete the online training
- Appear for CBT and get success in it
- Digital Mitra Certificate will be issued
If you are eligible for trainer Mitra, then you have to register under FoSTaC. Then you have to attend the classroom training sessions & assessment to become a certified Trainer Mitra.
Register yourself as a Hygiene Mitra if you meet the eligibility criteria and attend the classroom training sessions & assessment to become a certified Hygiene Mitra.
|Nature of service||Charges|
|Filling of registration form, modification & annual declaration for registration||Rs.100|
|Filling of license application, modification & annual return for license||Rs.500|
|Training||Negotiated by trainer mitraRs.2000 for FBOs with less than 15 employees Rs.5000 for FBOs with more than or equal15 employees|
|Hygiene audit||Negotiated by HygienemitraRs.2000 for FBOs with less than 15 employees Rs.5000 for FBOs with more than or equal 15 employees|
How To Apply in Food Safety Mitra Scheme
- Open the official website of the FSSAI.
- From the home page of the website click the Apply Online Link
- Click the apply online link and fill the online application form appear on the screen
- Enter your personal details, qualification details, contact details etc.
- Upload the required documents and image (if required and necessary)
- First mention all the login details such as – Your Name, Password etc
Secondly, fill up all the FSM details such as the job you are applying for.
- Then fill up the educational details.
- Finally up the training and experience details.
- Read carefully all the terms and conditions.
- Click on I agree
- Click on Register
- After successful Registration takes a print out of Application form for future use.