Eklavya Model Residential Schools has established by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs. Recently on dated 17th December 2018 Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved to setup more New 462 Eklavya Model Residential Schools. These EMRSs would be establish in each block of the district where Scheduled Tribes population are more than 50% and has at least 20,000 tribal persons.The objective of establishing Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs) is to improve the education ratio of the Schedule tribe’s generations.
Table of Contents
462 EMRSs for more Than 50% ST Population
The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs are going to establish 462 new Eklavya School in those block where the schedule tribes pollution is more than 50 % and has at least 20,000Schedule tribal persons. The central government will spend Rs.2242.03 Crore during the financial year 2018-19 and2019-20 for setting up these new Eklavya Model Residential Schools. The aim of the scheme is to increase the literacy level among the Tribal’s of India by imparting quality education to children of Scheduled Tribes. Read also Unnati Scheme
About Revamped 462 Eklavya School
|Scheme name||Eklavya Model Residential Schools|
|Launched by||Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs|
|Launched date||17th December 2018|
|Ministry||Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Objective||To increase the literacy level among the Tribal|
|Total cost||Rs.2242.03 Crore|
|Beneficiary||Schedules Tribes of India|
|Category||Central Govt. Scheme|
Key features of Eklavya Model Residential Schools
- Under the scheme 102 Eklavya Model Residential Schools are already running in the country.
- CCEA Approved 462 new Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs) to setup in country.
- In new Revamped 462 Eklavya School government envisages increase in construction cost of EMRS from current Rs.12 crore to Rs.20 crore .
- The objective of revamp the Scheme is to provide-better quality education to tribal’s in India.
- Under the new scheme government increase the Recurring cost of per studentper year from Rs. 61500/- to Rs. 1,09,000/-.
- In the new policy of Eklavya Model Residential Schools Additional 20% would be provided towards construction cost in North East, hilly areas, difficult areas and areas affected by Left Wing Extremism.
Benefits to EMRSs Scheme
- This scheme will increase the literacy levels in Tribal’s community.
- This scheme will provide the rights of equality to schedule tribe students.
- scheme will aware the ST community about the education of their children.
Eligiblity for EMRSs Scheme
- You should belong to the Schedule tribe of the country.
- Caste certificate.
Tribal EMRS Scheme Detail
EMRS Scheme is an excellent and golden opportunity for Schedule Tribes to approach better education at no cost. The all expenditure on the education of Schedule tribe’s is done by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. In coming 2 years the number of these Eklavya Model Residential Schools will become 564 now this is 102. The main and one and only objective of the Eklavya Model Residential Schools scheme Is to to increase the literacy level among the Tribal’s.
|Revamped 462 EMRSs PIB Notification||Click Here|
|More central Govt. Scheme||Click Here|