Government of India starts a campaign “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana 2020” with an aim to create awareness and improve the efficiency of welfare services intended for girls among the Indian citizens. This scheme has been launched by our honourable Prime Minister Narender Modi on 22nd January 2015 at Panipat, Haryana with initial funding of Rs.100 crores. The main aim of this scheme is to save the girl child and educate them. Now you all have various questions in your minds such as why this scheme is required? what is the Objective behind this yojana? Main target groups of the scheme and many other relevant things, answer to these question is given below please have a look on this article carefully.
Table of Contents
BBBP Scheme Details
Save the girls and educate the girls (Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana) scheme has been started in various states of India to protect the gender-based sex-selective Elimination. The main focus is on creating awareness and improving the efficiency of welfare services meant for women. The scheme is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Brief Summary of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
|Scheme Name||Beti Bachao Beti Padhao|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Date Of launching||22-01-2015|
|Ministry||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Objective||Promote girl child|
|Category||Central govt. Scheme|
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Objectives
- Prevention of gender-biased sex selective elimination
- Ensuring survival & protection of the girl child
- Ensuring education and participation of the girl child
Beneficiary of BBBP Scheme
The daughters of India of all age groups are the Beneficiary of BBBP Scheme. Beneficiary of BBBP Scheme will get better opportunities of education and also GOI provides them with a good platform for jobs in-country as well as in the foreign country. Many NGOs and government department are working under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
This Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme has covered all over the country and giving the benefits of the BBBP Scheme to the Daughters of the country. This Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign is monitoring at the block level, district level, state level respectively. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme doesn’t give direct benefits to the Beneficiary of the scheme. This BBBP scheme provides opportunities in indirect ways.
Why Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is required?
The requirement of this scheme is for the protection of Girl child. Ultrasound technology has made it possible to identify the gender of child of pregnant women early in a pregnancy. This tends to increase in Sex-selective abortion. To stop this Sex-selective abortion the scheme is needed.
Target Groups In BBBP Scheme
- Young and newly married couples;
- Pregnant and Lactating mothers;
- Adolescents (Girls And Boys),
- Medical Doctors/ Practitioners,
- Private Hospitals,
- Nursing Homes
- Diagnostic Centres.
Tertiary target Officials, PRIs
- Frontline Workers,
- Women SHGs/ Collectives,
- Religious Leaders,
- Voluntary Organizations,
- Medical Associations,
- Industry Associations.
- Rs.50 crore for testing a scheme for safety of women on Public Road Transport by The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. ,
- Rs.150 crores will be spent by Ministry of Home Affairs to increase the safety of women in large cities.
- For intensive and integrated action main focus is on Gender Critical Districts and Cities low on CSR.
- Mobilize & Train Panchayati Raj Institutions/Urban local bodies/ Grassroot workers as catalysts for social change, in partnership with local community/women’s/youth groups.
- Sustained Social Mobilization and Communication Campaign are implemented to create equal value for the girl child and promote the education of girl child.
Apply for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana 2020
- Aspirants who wish to grab the benefits of this scheme and want to apply for this yojana have to go to the official website of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Go to the schemes and click women empowerment scheme from the drop-down list
- As you click a new web page appears on the screen
- Click on “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme” and a new web page appears
- Read the detailed notice from there and follow the applying procedure as mentioned. Or click the below-provided links
|BBBP Scheme Revised Guidelines||Click Here|
|BBBP Press Release notice||Click Here|
|BBBP Fake Forms Notification||Click Here|