Our Honorable Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi has announced a new scheme named “Atul Bhujal Yojana” on the occasion of 95th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Mr Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The scheme was announced on 25th December 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi. This scheme is beneficial for 8350 villages in seven states. To grab the detailed information about Atal Bhujal Yojana 2020 such as benefits, features and other details you need to read the below-given segment of this article.
About Atal Bhujal Yojana 2020
Atal Bhujala Yojana 2020 has been launched by Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi. This scheme has been launched on the occasion of 95th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Mr Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This scheme is beneficial for 8350 villages in seven different states apart from this Rohtang tunnel connecting Manali to Leh was also named Atal Tunnel. For this water project, the government has allocate Rs. 6000/- crore to be implemented within a period of five years (2020-21 to 2024-25). The main aim of the Central government behind launching this scheme is to improve groundwater management through community participation in seven states.
Key points of Atal Bhujal Yojana 2020
|Name of the scheme||Atal Bhujal Yojana|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launched on||25th December, 2019|
|Objective||improving groundwater management|
Features of Atal Bhujal Water Management Project
- This scheme has been launched in seven states namely Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat
- This scheme is beneficial for 8350 villages in 78 districts of 7 states
- The government will conduct an awareness campaign related to water level improvement
- The aim of the government behind this scheme is to improve groundwater management
- This scheme will improve the groundwater level in areas where this level is very low
- The scheme will work on five levels to improve the water supplies to every household in the country by 2024
- The government has passed a budget of Rs. 6000 crores for this project
- This scheme will help the country to deal with the situation of water crises
Atal Bhujal Yojana Budget
The central government of India has allocated 6000 crore rupees for this scheme. Out of this amount Rs. 3000 crore will be given by the World Bank and rest 3000 crores will be given by the government. Currently, this scheme has launched in seven states their after it will be launched in other states too.
Benefits of the scheme
- This scheme will help in increasing the groundwater level
- This scheme will help the country in dealing with the water crises in future
- The scheme is helpful in providing water supplies in every household in the country
- This scheme will work to reduce the speed of getting water out of the ground
- the scheme will pay special attention to those areas where ground water is lower than the permissible limit
- Currently, this scheme is launching in 7 states of the country only thereafter the scheme will continue for the other states too.
Note: You may grab the updates related to the scheme from our web portal stay tuned with us.